Post Your Current Projects Here

Yea the biggest thing is no wide rims… I’ve thought about it- if there was wider decent rims in 27.5 I might. There are some good tyres out in 27.5 now I reckon such as the High roller 2 :wink:

When I built mine I had a a 27.5x2.35 hd it was to narrow and twitchy for my liking so a b*ke ride purchased it from me

Velocity Blunt 35 is 35mm wide and comes in 650b. The Vee Rubber Trail Taker 2.4 looks like a good tire to me (here’s a bike review). The round profile tends to be a good thing on a unicycle.

I’ve thought about it - the Notubes Flow EX rim I’m considering for a 29er build (a bit narrower than a Blunt, but due to the design should result in much the same tyre width/volume, if not a bit more) is also available in 650b. Only really good for XC type riding though, at which point you might as well have a 29 (I’ve been converted).

You tried or you thought about it? I think a 30mm (internal mesurement) would be good enough for XC and DH. And Schwalbe makes amazing tires, I dont see what’s the problem with tires.

Anyone else? If I can make a frame in the next week, I might end up building one during the summer. But saddly, I doubt I’ll have the time :frowning:

That’s actually the rim I was looking at, it has a 30mm internal width, but you’re right, 35mm on the outside, the widest available right now in 27.5" I think. I found out the Syntace MX W35 in the link you posted, as wide as the Velocity, but I dont think I can get the rim only, it looks like they only sell full wheels.

That Vee Rubber tire looks like the tire of tire I would ride, the thread pattern looks like it would be good for my kind of riding, looks pretty grippy, not too small. Could be a really interesting ride! Too bad my Schlumpf hub has 36h :frowning:

My current project is to upgrade my newly updated disc brake KH36 to a KH/Schlumpf hub on a Stealth2 rim (modification of the frame and brake mounts are necessary).
Once the mod is done, if I have the patience (I ride my KH everyday), I’ll strip the paint of the frame with lye (been doing some organic chem while I was away from the forum ;)) and send it to be powder coated in black.

Then I’ll learn to play my ukulele while riding, as a friend from the guitar shop dared me to… Then quickly said : but I know you’re going to succeed, it’s not even funny.
Now I’ll just have to negociate a ukulele (or maybe just a set of strings) for the day I deliver :smiley:

The real Current Project i am working on is a small garden in my hometown.
It’s in a big area that has already been sold to a residential building cooperative but local bands and artist have “occupied” (the city, former owner of the area gave them rehearsal rooms there) two old buildings there and started transforming the area into a park. We (my girlfriend and i) did our part by taking care of the vegetable garden and completely redesigned it this year, the link directs you to a photoalbum documenting our progress.

Greetings

Byc

I’ve been meaning to do that as well! :sunglasses:

2nd freewheel

I got a new wheel for my freewheel unicycle. I didn’t build this myself so it’s much truer and should work better with a rim brake. It came with 100mm cranks (vs. the 125mm I’ve been using) and I’m finding them slightly harder to balance (and especially mount) but much smoother to pedal. Any hitch in pedaling a freewheel unicycle can result in a UPD.

Great job Byc! If you’re looking for your next gardening project I will be making a vege garden at our new place soon…free Unicycle parking for all gardening volunteers…:slight_smile:

And now with the caliper brake installed. I took it to a friend of a friend who has an awesome workshop. He made short work of drilling the holes and snipping the cable.

this has been my current project!
this is her has a whole

the disk set up :slight_smile:

over all i really like it and would say retro fitting it was a 4/10 on the scale
next plan is a true 20in street uni

Man those cranks look great. I really do need to get me a pair.

Not really a current project, but a current idea. Thinking of cutting a 36" rim in thirds for airline travel. Re-pin and lace for use. Anyone think it will work?

They are super light and strong and love them, perfect shape.

I think it could work :slight_smile:

My moments painted with truck bed liner

So how well is that staying on?

Rims are under compression, so it should work fine. In fact I remembered Jobst Brandt had something to say on the subject (if you don’t know who he is, google)

A lot of hassle to rebuild, but I guess maybe that’s less hassle for you than flying a 36er wheel?

Some pedal grabs and a hit with a hammer and still perfect

First parcel arrived! Some sweet Nukeproof Neutrons and Shimano M486 disk brake with 203mm disk are waiting for new frame (KH 36" 2012) and 125/110mm Spirits :sunglasses:

photo.JPG