Post your broken Uni parts here..

I did a sketchy 450 unispin and pulled the seat to stay on the wheel and then the fram snapped :frowning:

On Father’s Day, I decided to try a trail that mountain bikers ride near the ski area in the local mountains. I rode past the top of the chair lift and found the trail down. It was extremely rocky, narrow (1 to 2 feet) and steep. It was really tough going, but hey, if mountain bikers can do it so can I. I took an awkward upd and started down again and noticed that my brake handle was missing. Found it sheared off on the trail. Kept on without it and proceeded to rip my crossover out a bit farther down the trail. Eventually, I realized that I had taken the wrong trail but stuck with it any way. Two and a half hours later, with both legs cramping from braking with my legs and doing a lot of uni-hiking, I arrived in Summerhaven to be picked up by my family. Looking at the mountain bike guide it says to be careful to take the Aspen Draw trail NOT the Aspen trail. Oops.

There’s nothing there that won’t polish out, what’s the matter with you :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:p:p:p

Kidding aside, since it’s steel, it would be too hard for Jorge to streighten that one leg and weld everything back up.

That’s what I plan to do w/ my 24" DX and build another uni w/ it. I’m picking up it’s free replacement tomarrow @ my LBS, they just want $25 to pay for it’s shipping.

I don’t have any pics yet but I have 2 broken pedal (one the end broke of) (It was an ABD plastic Green Like the wellgo ones) and to broken nimbus reinforced seatpost and now 1 bent 09 KH reinforced seatpost. (the ones with the pins) and I’ve only had that for like a month and 2 days

Nice collection you’ve got there Émile…:smiley:

Why do you have Hugo’s crankset? And what’s wrong with the middle(third from the right) seat post? it looks straight and not bent.

Why do you have Hugo’s crankset? And what’s wrong with the middle(third from the right) seat post? it looks straight and not bent.

ah, okay…and what about the seat post that look not bent or not broken?

Post 54

Well as it turns out Torker isn’t making the '07 24" DX frame anymore. A new design is in the works and according to the rep, it won’t fit my wheel (strangely they sent me a LX frame, but in addition to being weaker, it doesn’t fit, I guess he was thinking it would).

So I’ve desided to replace it w/ a Nimbus or KH frame (each w/ a bearing spacer), but I can’t decide which.

The KH is a half a pound lighter, but it’s a lot more $ and UDC is out of stock till November.

The Nimus is heavier but I can get it now, pluss it’d give me more insentive to upgrade to a full KH (likely at least a couple of years away) & shift my DX to a loaner Muni.

Edit: While waiting for a KH, I could put my DX wheel in my 26" LX frame (it sort of fits) and do lighter Muni on it.

Bump

Any opinions?

Even if I went with the Nimbus I’d be saving over a pound in the frame.

well, my Torker frame is cracking at the bottom of the neck, and weight doesn’t really matter to me, so I’m getting a Nimbus frame. I just want a frame for it’s strenght, and for it’s price too:p.

how did you break it that way?

with his mind.

I think he used a saw to break it like that:p

My recently broken KH 08 Seat Post:
The weld cracked, and the collar is cracking and wiggles.

1 Like

cool pic

Yeah, I thought so too. I thought it was going to be a catalog pic - until I saw the crack!

-M

:d