Post Your 36er Here

Congratulations on your new 36er. :slight_smile: Iā€™ve read on this forum that the TA tyre is a very smooth ride and it lasts a really long time.

Have funā€¦

Nice, but whereā€™s the new loopy quax handlebar?

The TA is epically smooth, even smoother than my Halo 29er! :smiley: though Iā€™m not sure if that is the tyre or the gigantic cartwheel itā€™s attached toā€¦

No loopy Qu-Ax bar yet :roll_eyes: Iā€™m keeping my eyes peeled though, if the price is right Iā€™ll grab a set :smiley:

If you want a dirt cheap, non-fiddly, zero-maintenance brake to try

http://www.amazon.com/SUNLITE-MX-Side-Pull-Set/dp/B003YMFQD2/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415332965&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=sunlite+sidepull+brake

I have it on 26, 29, and 36 and it works just fine.

I emailed Goudurix and they said they would have them next month, but didnā€™t say what the price would be. I think Iā€™ll get one, I liked the look of it.

Congrat PieceMaker on the 36"!
Makes the 29" look so tinyā€¦

It does! :smiley: Amazing what 7 inches can add!

Weirdly it doesnā€™t feel any bigger though. Itā€™s about the same weight as my 29er and has slightly longer cranks, so just feels like Iā€™m riding my 29er faster :smiley:

Newob how do you attach side-pulls to a uni? Drill a hole? :astonished: I also like centre-pulls on my bike, super-simplistic to setup and they ā€˜just workā€™, but also require a hole drilled plus a guide-collarā€¦ I think Iā€™d be scared of getting my hair tangled in that though :roll_eyes:

:slight_smile:

I realized that I never sent a photo of my 36". Well, itā€™s because Iā€™ve never used it much. I bought it about a year ago, one of those second hand bargain that you just canā€™t miss. But it always intimidated me.
As I get better and more confortable with my 29", I decided to take a spin on the 36". And itā€™s so great! I should have done that months ago. But hey, never too late.

So here it is, next to the 24" muni. Gosh, I remember that the 24" was intimidating tooā€¦ at the beginning !

My New KH36 :smiley:

Just a stock KH36er with T-bar and Shimano M596 disk brake. Itā€™s such a joy to ride, especially in this autumnal setting here in Prague :slight_smile:

New KH36

36 2.jpg

A couple upgrades since my last photo. Iā€™ve since taken the 125mm cranks off my 29er (complete with the awesome double-beartrap pedals that are screwed into them) and put them on the 36er. Oh and, I added a Q-handle, which is awesome! Excuse my murderous expression, it was bloody cold and starting to snow, but I had to go outside to test out my new loopy handlebar!

Current state of Ms Silver after a year on the road. The alloy parts are standing up fine without too much polishing, The whitewall has greyed somewhat, by exposure to light or influence of black rubber? But it still looks acceptable I think. Mr Black has a different personality, I ride one or the other depending on what mood I am in :wink:

First 36er ride of 2015! The new tire did well.

sigh Look at that bermā€¦

Thatā€™s quite the trail. The corner Iā€™m standing on to take the picture was a little scarier today on the 36er than last week on the 29+

I like the tyre. Could you please post some info about the tyre and where you purchased it.:slight_smile:

I bought it from Waltworks.com. Just about all the info you could want is here:
900-1000g 36" tire, anyone interested?

Thanks fugsworth:)

New rack for Beast arrived today! A couple of adjustments needed and I can finally head out on multi day rides :slight_smile: