Post Your 36er Here

I did too :smiley:

Thatā€™s a fine looking uni. The Tektro brake system looks solid. Enjoyā€¦:smiley:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be putting the T-bar on tomorrow, Iā€™ll upload new pics then.
Thanks for the advice using the brake lever with the T-bar Moslki :slight_smile:

Beast got her new handlebars on :slight_smile:

Any tips on set-up would be appreciated. Iā€™ve done a quick lap round the block and they feel ok, just a bit strange corneringā€¦
Also, it seems I couldnā€™t use the stiffener plate with this model of saddle, I decided to live with a bit of flex for now.

Looks amazing. Somehow the green scheme is pretty cool! Way better than the blue 29" ā€“ though not as cool as the orange 24"ā€¦

Thanks for putting the pic up for me Pierrox, Iā€™ve gotta figure out how to do that on my phoneā€¦

Hi Juni, from my Samsung Galaxy I always have to reduce file size of picture first, by going to webresizer.com only then would the picture upload onto here. Hope that helps.

Iā€™ll give that a go, cheers :slight_smile:

I canā€™t decide between the green and the orange. Green is my favourite colour so Iā€™m predisposed to be magnetically attracted to that in the same way that 6-year-old girls are attracted to pink, but for some reason the black and orange 24" looks AMAZING :smiley: Not much of a fan of the blue 29er/red 26er though :smiley:

Beast with bars :slight_smile:
Thanks for the re-sizer tip UPD

If itā€™s just for road riding then I would recommend lowering your t-bar for more stability. Setting the t-bar against the seat post will greatly reduce downward flex and you can put a rubber handlebar grip on the end of the t-bar to protect the saddle post and also to reduce vibration.

Hereā€™s a picture of my set up.

DSCF0465.JPG

Looks good Unibokk, Iā€™ll have a go like that tomorrow.
I like the look of the zero, but Iā€™ve got a bit of saving to do first :roll_eyes:

ā€œThanks for the re-sizer tip UPDā€

De nada!
Oracle or Impulse, my next , next is a 36er (when budget allows)!!:slight_smile:

Here is my personal teleporter to work.

And hereā€™s mine, all current components inclusive. But I have the T-Bar a fair bit lower down and straighter forward now:

Anybody with that many books and a unicycle is a cool guy! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a librarian, so I guess itā€™s in the job description. Well, maybe not the unicycling part. But it ought to be!

Got a new toy through the door todayā€¦

My first post in this thread, and you all know what that meansā€¦ New Uni Day! :smiley:

After seeing on the Trading Post thread that Qu-Ax seem to be selling their stuff off for cheap, I grabbed the Qu-Ax 36" Luxus. Figured if Iā€™m gonna get one, Iā€™ll get one for Ā£100 cheaper than it should be :roll_eyes: Took it out for its maiden voyage today, and wow, what a weird (and brilliant) experience. Had zero trouble mounting it, did it on my first try. Iā€™m liking the TA tyre, itā€™s absolutely silent, though the 32PSI recommendation on the side is a load of rubbish, felt like I was riding a sponge until I got it past 40. Iā€™m not quite up to the 12mph average I see all over Strava yet, but gimme a couple weeks and Iā€™ll be racing you all!

Congratulations! Youā€™ll love it, Iā€™m sure.
I agree, 36rs seem to benefit from higher tire pressure. I run mine at about 50 psi, and a lot of guys run higher than that.
What length cranks are you running on it? That will have big effect on your average speed. If you run 125s or shorter, you shouldnā€™t have much problem with a 12mph average. (I usually run slower than that, but Iā€™m old and creaky.)
You may want to consider a brake. Very handy on downhills (especially with short cranks), and for controlled dismounts.
Anyway, good job! Cheers!

145ā€™s are what came stock on it. My 29er has some 125ā€™s on it though, so I might swap them round once I get used to riding the 36er - Now I have a road machine the 29er might become a full-on MUni as opposed to a hybrid. Iā€™ll see how I get on on the hills with the 145ā€™s, and if itā€™s no biggie Iā€™ll make the swap! :smiley:

Not sure on the brake yet. Iā€™ve never had problems going down hills without one even when doing some hardcore MUni, but if/when I shift to 125 cranks it might be necessary! :smiley: I like keeping things simple, and if Iā€™m honest I canā€™t be bothered messing about with hydraulics. Iā€™ll see how I go!