Post Your 36er Here

Heres my new nightrider

• quax cranks (150s)
  • tbar
  • echo brakes ( i know i need a longer cable, but it works for now)

So yeah, after looking through this thread I finally caved and ordered my first 36er :smiley:

thats what happened to me…

That also happened to me, but it was after I tried one. I wanted one, but when I tried it I was sure it was a good thing to do:p

Here’s the 36-er I kept…

Specs:

• UDC ISIS superwide hub
  • Nightrider rim and tire
  • Schwalbe 29-er tube
  • KH 125/150mm cranks
  • Wellgo MG-1 pedals
  • HS33 "Pimpin'" Maguras from Bryce
  • KH touring handle
  • 2010 KH street saddle
  • Sette cyclocomputer and lights (lights aren't on in pics)
[IMG]http://optfunction.com/source/images/isis_36_1.jpg[/IMG]

Tirving, those gold accents look gorgeous on that black! Really nice setup you got there :slight_smile:

That’s pretty hot actually. I like the all black look, except what’s silver… and the seat collar matches the brake lever perfectly… sick!

Thanks guys… The seat post clamp is a UDC double bolt. I was hoping it would match and it did perfectly. I just rode this set-up about 7 miles today and averaged 11 mph along the Columbia river in Portland… VERY fun :slight_smile:

Nice Nightriders! How do you like that street saddle with the handle bar, Tirving? Have fun big wheeling, everybody.

wow cool setup :sunglasses:
good rides over easter weekend!

Old School

what kind of dual cranks are that???

they look good

Pretty sure they’re Kooka bike cranks (square taper) - they were popular because they were strong (nice hard alloy) and flat-faced, so people used to get extra pedal holes drilled in them. I think those in the picture may well be three-holed ones actually. They stopped making them some time ago, so they became quite sought-after. I think Tom … (can’t remember his name off the top of my head - “registered nurtz, tailgate at your own risk”) had a quad-drilled pair.

Rob

KOOKAS! i love it.

Gb4 = want!!!

I REALLY like it… I may modify the handlebar to make it a bit longer but I am on the fence about it. The new street seat is pretty awesome for longer rides. I got a blister on my taint from a 4 mile MUni ride on my 2010 freeride and after about 7 miles yesterday on the 36-er, I had nothing but a little rubbing. As I go for longer rides, my taint and the street seat will become friends. The 2010 KH street seat is much better than a KH freeride (2009 base) with and without an air bladder, older KH freeride air seats, the Nimbus gel (that I tore apart and made the air seat out of) and the Qu Ax Air saddle for me. It is stiff and a bit less wide but the KH street fits perfectly for riding my 36-er. I am aiming to build a 29-er schlumpf before the end of this year… we’ll see what happens to my 36-er :slight_smile:

In all fairness, I love the 2010 KH freeride seat for MUni, I just wore the wrong shorts.

Have you tried reversing the mount under the seat? I think that would gain you a bit of length without any actual metal-mod.

I had it reversed in the beginning but realized it was on backwards. I think putting it back might eek out an additional inch or two and I may do that. We’ll see…

Hey, anyone (KH especially) have a good reason not to reverse the mount?

My other concern is the distance my weight will be from the pivot point… I tend to break stuff and don’t want to break the handlebar because I wanted another inch or so :o

So Tim, now that you’ve got your sweet set up for road riding, does that mean you’ll be joining us for Reach The Beach? Only six weeks to go…
Geoff

55 or 100 miles?
I am going to train for the 55 miler… I’ll know in 3 weeks if it’s doable :slight_smile: