Post Your 36er Here

That handlebar is sick, I really laughed hard!

Cliff, that ol’ Coker sure cleaned up nicely!

Nikitok, good god! How tall are you?

You must be like 9 feet tall :astonished:

Mabey 12

Got my parts today, gonna contribute here shortly after having waited for them for months! It’s also my first 36er wheelbuild, hopefully it’ll go alright.

6 feet 7 inches.
Once I was riding Kris Holm 26er with the biggest possible seatpost length. I used 110mm cranks and my knees hurted much after a 30 miles ride. That unicycle was too small for me.

Today I updated my ‘old’ Nimbus just for fun. Cut off the back of the T7 handle and added a Street saddle to the rail-mount. fitted a Magura brake and inflated the rubber tube to 60psi. Fitted 114 Venture2’s to the very wide steel hub and plastic pedals with steel pins. I think I will paint it all black :slight_smile:

You should put the wheel on the frame and use it as a vertical “steering wheel”! It would also give you the perfect comeback to WYOW comments. It could also serve as a “bumper” for upd’s, and it could also be ridden horizontally on both wheels for fun! :wink:

Hahaha, nice one, Terry. That made me chuckle. :smiley: I should take it one step further and add bumper wheels to the back and sides, too, to protect me from UPD’s in any direction.

JacksonLeeJefferson and Lees

I visited Atlanta after the NAUCC 2013. Stone Mountain was a great place in the city for unicycling.

What pedals are ya running? They look nice

NS Bikes Aerial

Yes, I like them. They are NS Bikes Aerial pedals with sealed bearings.

post your 36er here

Here’s mine…

UNI 1.jpg

New Toy! Very challenging in high gear. First two are from out of the box then after a few modifications and one with its little brother.

The coolest brake-hose run ever?

In the interests of information exchange, here is the latest incarnation of my road-going 36. Subtle adjustments with stock equipment - plus creative thinking :wink: - has the brake mounted ‘upside-down’ on the bars. I think this gives a really nice clean line to the run of the cable with a flowing curve from the lever to the caliper. Mind you…I can’t operate the brake without a UPD :o:(:smiley: PS I know there aren’t any pedals fitted :roll_eyes:

Here it is, rather modified since I last posted. It’s a Nimbus 36 with a FOS tube and Kris Holm pedals. 150mm cranks. Nimbus Shadow handle set, heavily modified.

After much experimentation, I decided to go without the bar ends and use only the T handle.

The foam covering is designed for bicycle handlebars. I cut it about an inch (25mm) too long and stuffed the ends with tightly rolled offcuts of foam. This makes the handles long enough to use as straight bars (like “riding on the tops” on drop handlebars) and the padding stops those nasty bruises to the thigh that a T handle can cause in a UPD.

With this handle configuration, there are several hand positions available depending on whether I’m cruising, hurrying, or negotiating tricky stuff.

The bottle cage boss was ÂŁ2.99 (a negligible amount) and holds the bottle where I can reach it whilst riding.

The other half of the rear T handle is a makeshift rack made by adding a curved bar end. This is big enough for a waterproof, a light top, or to hold the battery pack for the headlight.

Best of all is the light bracket made of two short and cheap bar ends, one cut short. The light is protected in the event of a UPD and does not clutter the part of the bar that I need to hold onto.

005.JPG

004.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

How many 36ers have you got? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike,

Does the water bottle get in the way when mounting? I usually ride with a camelback, but I would not mind loosing it and going to water bottles if they worked well.

Scott

No. I mount with my left foot on the bottom/back pedal and hop up with my right foot. This means that my left leg is already past the bottle before I make my move.

You can never have enough…

Ha ha, I only have three but they are all different models, that has given me some good experience with different equipment. The next one should be some form of G36, before I get much older and can’t ride it! :wink: