Post Your 36er Here

I’ve gotta tap some Sinz for 110mm, hmmm…

Kb1kji are those clipless pedals?

[QUOTE=knoxuni;1442552]
Kb1kji are those clipless pedals?
[/QUOTE

Nope! maybe for mountainbiking, some have done that with unicycles… not me! and I don’t recommend it actually. these are MKS quick release pedals. they are flat pedals, very small cages actually, MKS does offer a larger platform model that I wish I got. the neat feature of these pedals is that the axle is like an air chuck and by moving a collar, the pedals pop off! I got several bases to stick in my dual hole cranks, and without tools I can move the pedals into different positions! I saw some one else do it in the forums and had to follow suit. I like the 125mm positions for the minuteman bike path, and the 150mm position for screwing around town.

[post]
2036030[/post]

Do you ever hit your foot on the other pedal mount? or is it not an issue?

so far, so good dude. we’ll see!

All ready for spring

KH freeride saddle
long handle with end from T7
Magura brakes
KH adjustable seat post
KH36 frame
TA tire, 50% tread removed in checker pattern
Coker rim, outer wall drilled
48h Nimbus hub
137/114 Moments
snafu pedals

This thing is really heavy compared to my other unicycles, I might have to do something about the tire…

You could drill out the cranks a bit as well. And damn that bar is long!!

Nice Bull Horn! :stuck_out_tongue:

How much does it weigh?

Looks about right to me, but I like stretching out in front.

It goes another 6" longer if I want, but the brake line is too short.

FTFY, sorry pet peeve.

just spent half an hour looking for my scale. Looks like 8.78 kg or 19.4 lbs

Not too bad I guess, especially for a 48 spoke wheel Moments and a long steel handle. My next heaviest unicycle is the geared 24 which weighs in at 7.18 kg. Man I am starting to sound like a weight weenie. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am starting to get back into the road riding thing. I will have to get used to the 36 again then I think I will throw the bike seat on.

Why the 48 hole set up? Strange choice for a weight weenie :slight_smile:

Sam

Some things are worth the weight.

I wanted a MUniable 36 with a regular width hub. 48 is the way to go if you want both a stiff wheel and a skinny hub.

I did drill the outer wall of the rim. I can’t remember the weight savings but it was about equal to 12 spokes. Even with the rim drilled it is heavier than a 36 spoke wheel but the weight is more in the middle of the wheel and it should still be stronger.

I still get a bit of brake rub on the rough stuff but not too bad. Going to go with a disk as soon as I can to fix that.

My new 36" Kris Holm unicycle “Wadlow”. I had to cut 6" off the seat post but luckily I’m no shorter than I am.

How true. I had to cut 1/2" off my frame!

Eric,
I know it’s a little late and all, but my 36" wheel is plenty stiff for muni. I’ve got a pre-KH Schlumpf which is a bit narrow. The flange distance is about 55 mm. 36 spokes of course. The Airfoil rim is drilled internally. It’s a well-built wheel with no flex as far as I can tell. The frame, on the other hand, is made out of spaghetti straps. The total weight of my V-frame rig is a hair under 19 pounds.
Geoff

I had an airfoil wheel, 36 spokes and super wide hub. Went off road and busted some square taper cranks but the wheel was fine. So yah you are right 36 spokes is fine with an airfoil rim.

I really don’t think that the current rims are as strong as the airfoil is though and I still think that on a regular width hub 48 spokes is the way to go. Besides getting a whole wheel from Coker cost about half as much as a wheel from UDC.

I am getting a bit of brake rub but think the flex is almost totally in the frame.

The whole unicycle cost me about $350 if you don’t include the parts I already had.

EDIT: wait, your V-frame Schlumpf is under 19 lbs? crazy man.

So close! That must have been a hard decision to make. I probably could have left .5-1" more on the post but cut it so it fits exactly in the frame. I figured there’s no point cutting it shorter and wanted to give others who are not tall a chance to try it out.

It depends on the day. It’s under 19 pounds if it’s on a diet: no seat post bag, short aerobars and aluminum handle bar stem. I figure that in the past 5000 km I’ve worn at least a couple hundred grams of rubber off the tire. The 29" inner tube helps keep the weight down, as do the plastic pedals. The cycle computer and bell might tip me over the edge, though. My current set up with the longer aerobars and heavier stem might be up around 20 pounds.

Geoff

my finished mountainuni 36’er
specs:
kris holm freeride saddle
sinz double drilled 152/125 cranks
mountainuni disc brake
avid juicy 3 caliper
kris holm touring handle
coker tire
nimbus double wide square taper hub
nimbus nightrider square taper frame

Got my first 36er today!! Took it on a 4 mile ride along the beach path. Was really fun. A new learning experience, but I love that 36er feeling, so addictive!

Coker Big one
KH Fusion Freeride saddle
125mm coker cranks
linear pull brake
cateye cycle computer
(UDC?) T Bar
Coker street tire
KH rail-type seatpost

And it with all my uni’s =D