Post Your 36er Here

That’s a lot of questions. I’ll try to answer them all:

The parts for the touring handle are all modified bicycle parts that I bought at a LBS in Arnhem. The parts are: head set stem, seat clamp, seat post, regular stem (non head set), handle bar and some bar ends. Everything’s auminum and attached to each other with bolts squeezing one part around the other.
It is therefor adjustable lengthwise although it is at the max length for this seat post now. I would have to get a longer seat post to make it even longer but I find it long enough like that. I think I posted a more detailed description of the procedure in the custom handle bar thread.

The fender is called “wolfguard”, it’s about 10 years old at least. Unfortunately they don’t seem to make these anymore. I was looking for the company on the web recently and only found dead links. It is really ideal for the uni. I used to have it on my bike for years before I realised how well this would fit the 36er.

The rim is a stealth pro with machined sides. It looks dark in the first pic because of the lighting.

Ah! I missed that one, but at least this thread is good for any coker, so it’s a bit more inclusive. :slight_smile:

Haha, yeah, that’s the main reason I wanted to get the KH, since it has the Isis hub/cranks. I just got tired of bending so many square taper cranks doing even smallish drops. I didn’t really like the nimbus frame, and the KH is lighter, plus now I’ll have a cool KH triple threat: 19" trials, 24" MUni, and now the KH 36er! :smiley: (Plus, a new pair of KH leg armor, included!)

We’re all looking forward to the 36" centerfold photo’s

The nice thing about the Nimbus frame is it accepts a wider hub… I just got a new nightrider frame… It’s pretty slick. :slight_smile:

Here’s my 36er:

Here a picture from my former modded 36-er Nimbus…(inspired by Dustin Schaap)… Loved it, finished my first marathon in Düsseldorf (Germany) last year in just under the ‘magical’ mark of 2 hours with it. (1.59.48)
The small frontwheel is just a ‘crashdevice’ to protect the bar and prevent disaster. :smiley:

Yes I saw you riding this last year and found it impressive. Just a pity that I didn’t realize who you were :o I think that is also in the video of last years marathon at 0:31

That’s pretty slick. Now no one should ask you where your other wheel is. Hmmm, doesn’t that make this a bicycle??

Here’s my 45er, sporting a nail in the tire after the Carmichael July 4 parade. Having a solid rubber tire has its upside!

Below is my road Coker and a rooster. It has a Wyganowski handle with bottle holder, brake, bar ends and a bell for the bike path.

I finally got my KH36 together. The brake is a Frankenbrake H22/H33 built by Brycer. He puts together a great brake. I spray-painted the brake mounts and they turned out well. I am thinking of finding a way to paint the brake as well to match up better with the other orange parts.

john, where did you get the solid tyre from? i guess it’s custom?

Four days late, but worth the wait! My new KH 36er, ready for the road, and also some hardcore 36er-MUni! :smiley:
The touring bar w/heavy duty kh stiffener was a bit tricky to install, and the plastic magura hose was hard to wrap around the seatpost, but as long as it doesn’t kink, it should be fine. Love it!

Nice new uni Terry! I can’t wait to see you ride muni with this beast!:stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, me too! I’ll be taking her out for the “maiden voyage” this week, and I will likely shoot some footage…I’m hoping she’ll hold up on the drops!

I’m not worried about the hub as it’s plenty strong enough for that; it’s the wheel I wonder about! It’s quite a bit lighter than the air foil rim on my radial 36er, and even if the new one only tweaks a little, that will affect the brakes, which are set pretty close to the rim. We’ll see! :smiley:

Here’s my Coker

Nice uni Terry. I think it is related to mine! How do you like it compared to the coker that you RULE on? :slight_smile:

Look around at (old) wheelchairs. That’s the stuff! Wheelchair rubber comes (came?) in lengths that you would cut to size to fit your wheels. It’s held in place by a wire down the center and is a major project to mount, requiring special tools. It’s heavy and rides like crap, but you can do obstacle courses in glass if you want. :slight_smile:

Also you can spin an pirouette like crazy, which Cokers and the other 36" air tires are not very well suited for. They are much happier going straight!

Well, once we get the “bugs” out, it will be awesome! I’m getting a replacement frame this coming Monday, which should fix the “free play” issue. I did go ahead and do a semi-touring bar mod, using the existing kh bar, minus the under-seat bracket that it originally connected to.

I then attached my tandem stem I already had, to the seatpost, and inserted the kh handle into that, and used a QR clamp to hold it. It still telescopes great, and the angle is perfect for me. I would like to get rid of the excess magura tubing, so I’ll need to get a new “olive”, but I dread having to deal with that, so I’ll probably either just leave it or have my LBS do it. Speaking of that, They let me trade them my stock black pedals for the same ones in white!

I’ll explain why I made this mod in an upcoming video. Here’s a pic of both Touring and MUni mode:

36ER with Outboard Disc Brake, T7 Handle, Air Saddle, Dual Hole Square Taper cranks

36er w_square taper_disc MOD.jpg

Here is my coker, it’s all stock, I haven’t gotten to ride it much yet but hopefully now that the weather is getting better i’ll get on it more, so far it was definitely worth it.