PLEASE VOTE FOR US! Unicycling video in film competition

videos “people of the mist” and “uncut” have suddenly risen to the top :astonished: I can understand “people of the mist” doing well, but although I am not a very suspicious person, there certainly is something wrong with “uncut” taking a massive lead…

Thanks everyone for voting!!! Much appretiated!
You can Vote more than once by the way. It refreshes every 2 hours or something so keep 'em coming:D

Thanks for all the support!

Thanks so much for all the support guys. It truly is appreciated.

We were winning for a little while in there (I checked at school and got everyone to vote :smiley: ) but now a couple of other films have come up out of nowhere.

Thanks Terry. Haha they should make it for the young and the ‘young at heart’ :wink:

Thanks man. I was really pleased with that line. It certainly could’ve been smoother but I was really happy with it.

Thanks! I like that one too. For some reason I think it looks very professional :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it only lets you vote again when your temporary internet files reset or something. It lets us vote about once an hour at home but then at school I could only vote once in the whole day.

So anyway, thanks again for all the support, and keep up the voting!

Matt

I’m sorry, your movie was good but my vote went to #12 - From Within: A boy’s story. I think it was exceptional and reminded me of how many similarities there are between New-Zealand and Canada.

Personally I think that this is a poor way to hold a contest though, the winners probably just have a bunch of friends vote a bunch of times. HOw many people who vote actually watch all the videos?

Fair enough man, I’ll have to check that vid out. I haven’t had time to watch all of them yet.

I totally agree with you there, but I’m not going to pass up $1000 just because of that! This is by no means the only prize though; this is just the voters’ choice. There is also a best over-all film prize ($1000), three top in age-group prizes ($500 each) and (I’m pretty sure) each of the fifteen finalists gets $250. Or perhaps they narrow it down to a handful of finalists - I’m not too sure.

The reason we’re pushing really hard to get votes is that we know we don’t have much of a chance of winning the best over-all film prize, because we didn’t exactly make our film to the judging criteria. However, we are doing our best to promote our video and our sport and get unicycling a bit of recognition.

Thanks for sharing,
Matt

This whole thing’s a joke now. Film number 1 got 58 votes from 8:45 till 9:10 tonight and then only 2 from 9:22 - 9:45

And now film number 2’s made a massive comeback and is in the lead. It went from 151 to 335 in about an hour and a half

It’s quite interesting to watch, a real shame though as we might’ve had a chance.

Keep the legitimate votes coming though, and we’ll just see how it goes.

If you clear your cookies after each vote…

Yea, I think the other entrants figured that out.

Hey guys a bit of an update on the voting. At the start some of the other teams raced away (for whatever reason) but It appears the competition organisers have tightened the voting rules/website to one vote per computer which has stopped most of the others in their tracks. We’ve made up a lot of ground and are now in a very close second and still advancing. From being 250 behind, we are now down 40 and closing in on the leader!

We’re in with a really good chance here so if you havn’t voted yet please get your vote in for our film. Also if you could please get any of your friends or family to vote as well that would be awesome!

All votes are really appreciated guys! Thanks for the ones you have done aswell. Would be awesome to win!

VOTE FOR FILM # 9 TITLED “Play”

http://id360.govt.nz/films/film-9/

I voted :slight_smile: your only 33 behind now!

vote!:smiley:

Awesome guys thanks heaps!

Your 12 votes from the lead, everyone delete your cookies and vote again.

EDIT: 11

7 now. They are close.

6…

Come on guys! 6 more!
EDIT: 5 :smiley:

you’re in the lead by one vote now

4 now

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all your support! It’s been great to see the steady stream of votes coming in. We are currently in first place and our lead is growing but if we keep the votes coming in then they won’t have a chance of catching us!

Thanks so much guys, fingers crossed.

Matt

Hey everyone,

The voting for the film competition closed at midnight last night… and we were winning by about 150, so I guess you could say we won! 1096 was the total I think.

Thanks everyone so much for watching our film and voting for it! The awards ceremony is in just over a week so we can’t wait, it’s going to be such a cool event!

The amount of support we’ve had has been so amazing. We just reached out to everyone we could think of, and it’s been great to get so much encouragement; from both unicyclists and non-unicyclists.

But you guys (RSU and NZUni) had to have been the biggest contributor to our votes. We couldn’t have done it without you, and we can’t thank you enough.

Once again, thanks so much! :wink:

Cheers
Matt