Playing around on my new uni

I’ve had a injured ankle for a while and haven’t been able to do my usual 20" stuff, but fortunately my new unicycle arrived so I’ve been out and about cruising.

Nothing fancy, just showing off my new ride! :smiley:

Nice and thank for sharing. I have been looking into Nimbus 29" Touring Unicycle for a while. What crank arm size you are using? I have been ride Nimbus II 20" and desired a bit distance around neighbor and thought this 29" Touring would be perfect for me with good price.

Cool video! Looks like a lot of fun!

Ah, looks like I bought this for the same reason, I’ve gone from my 20" nimbus trials to this and couldn’t be happier. It’s really opened up new possibilities as far as travel distance goes.

I’m using the Qu-Ax 125s that came with it, I wouldn’t mind shorter cranks but as you could see, I had a bit of trouble with the slope near the end so it may not be a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, it’s pretty speedy as is! I also feel much more in control on on the 29" as opposed to a 36" if that helps. All the best :slight_smile:

Thanks, it certainly is fun :smiley: being so much higher than on my 20 is quite the buzz!

Loved the beach shot at the end, I’ve never thought about riding on the beach! Thanks for opening up another door of possible riding locations.

I’m so stoked that I found this post! My wife and I both have trials uni’s and have been eye balling the same 29" uni! How far do you think you can ride on that uni and how well does it do as a commuter uni? Thanks for the review!

Haha, no problem - sand riding is a blast…just make sure you stay on the hard stuff! :astonished:

Hehe, I might take this opportunity to flaunt my latest blog post: http://unicycles.tumblr.com/post/6347871826/my-unicycle-adventure-with-pictures.

That post details a little bit of my 40km ride, it wasn’t too painful on that uni but I wouldn’t want to do it again without handlebars. I would say from my experience that 15km is easily done on a 29er.

And as I mentioned before, it’s not as heavy and it’s more manuverable than a coker (not to mention cheaper), highly reccomended for it’s price! :slight_smile:

Fantastic blog and cool name of your unicycle. Isn’t it from LOTR trilogy? I gotta to think of one when I get mine next week :roll_eyes: - couldn’t resist myself. You have really outdone yourself at other hill climbing with 125mm crank. :astonished:
One last thing: I think your video should deserves to be embedding to Unicycle.com website to its product description :smiley:

where’s the crankflip? :stuck_out_tongue: haha, looks like heaps o’ fun!

WOAH, hella beautiful area! Sushi, good…sushi on the go, GOOOOOOOD! I’m in need of a new commuter bike and have been thinking of getting that 29er instead…figured it would make my commute more fun. The only down side is the ride home is mostly up hill, though I could take the long way home which is more mellow.

CHEERS!

Thanks, and yeah, She is an ancient thing of evil in the shape of a big spider :slight_smile: Glad to hear of your purchase, let me know how it goes!

Oh, and I would be honoured if they were to use me to advertise, haha! :stuck_out_tongue: It’s the least I could do as they only had one unicycle left at the clearance price of $250. The servers didn’t register that it was sold so I bought it after someone else, Unicycle.com were nice enough to source another uni from New Zealand and post it over for the same price. VERY thankful, and amazed at their service.

Hmm…I wonder how 29" flatland would go… :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll give it a shot when my ankle heals :wink:

Yeah, very fortunate to live here - it’s lovely :slight_smile: All the best with that choice, I bet it’s not easy to decide! :astonished: