Platforms to go with my stairs

awesome. what time is the sunday ride? id like to go.

Don’t know yet. Jamey told me he would post a thread announcing it, so until then I’m not sure.

I can think of well over a dozen lines that can be done on this box

I saw an object once that someone made into a hexagon. They used the virtical boards from pallets for the sides and connecting to the center (some were flat, some on end and some w/ the ridged side up for a bumpy skinny). The corners had 4X4 posts of various heights (w/ enough practice some could be ridden over), and a removable tall post in the middle for different heights (bolted in for stability).

^this^ thing could give hundreds of possible lines :slight_smile:

I just wanted to let you know, your “box” is a Nimbus Gel Saddle, which would seem to me to be a pretty poor trials obstacle. :wink:

Scroll down the page.

I am sorry for bringing to life this very old post, but do you have directions and supplies needed for some of your other obstacles. I am very interested in the skinny attached to the obstacle that looks like a ladder on its side. Thanks.

I made these a while back:

vid?

Terry - did you ever get a vid of you up riding the course?

I wasn’t able to get around the course completely. On some attempts I thought I was going to make it, but then messed up; usually either on the skinny or the hopping discs, which were way harder than I thought they’d be. I was able to do every obstacle individually, but just couldn’t get the whole thing.

Even a much better trials rider than me came to try it and couldn’t clear the whole course. I’m thinking of remaking the skinny and hopping discs, and then I may try again.

To be honest, I thought if I made the course I could just do it…first time out. No way! Like any other uni discipline, it takes LOTS of practice to get good and consistent, and you just don’t throw together a trials course like this and expect do do it right out of the gate with no practice, or prior trials experience. :o