Platforms to go with my stairs

You need to dig a moat and run some additional skinnies across that so you introduce water hazard.

There already is a “water hazard”! I’m so nervous doing the lines that I’m liable to pee my pants! :stuck_out_tongue:

i don’t turn when i jump, i remain almost completely sideways, you can get much farther i.e. have better form if you do so.

How the heck can you roll out of it if you land sideways? But maybe I’m fully understanding what you mean; Is that when you “launch” your rolling hop or static that you are sideways, but then straighten out for your landing, so you can roll out of it? From the stuff I’ve seen you do, you do not land sideways, which would be bad form. If that’s what you mean, then yes, I ALWAYS start from the side, when I drop down a stair set, but only when doing it static. When rolling I am forward in the direction of the drop, not sideways…unless I’m coming at it from an angle, then maybe a little.

I when I’m static hopping down stairs, I normally take them one at a time until the last 2 or 3 when I jump down to the ground with a simultaneous 90 degree(or so) turn, so that when I land, I am(close to) perpendicular to the steps when I land.

Yep, that’s the usual way. It just makes me cringe when I see people doing biggish drops off of walls and stuff, and side hop off, then land the same way, with no way to roll out and distribute the impact. Bad, bad, bad! :astonished:

Maybe that’s how I bent my crank yesterday…

i was talking about hopping from one object to another, as in jumping from stair to stair on the way down… which goes back into tread width…

of course you turn when you jump down big things, unless you aren’t going to make it… then sometimes its better to do something different.

As to your other lines:
-Spread things out for bigger gaps.
-Zig-zag more w/ 180 degree turns to increase the # of possible obstacles.
-Place your sandwich boards end to end, like a skinny and ride down or up.
-Hop stairs or disks 2, 3, etc. at a time forcing your self to do it SI or SIF (to improve one or the other).

• From skinny, hop/pedal grab to platform.
    -Back hop accross disks.
    -Backwards ride the skinny.
    -One foot ride, wheel walk, hand walk, etc a flat 2X4.
    -180 up/down stairs 1 or 2 at a time.
    -Drop off platform to skinny.
    -One foot still stand on skinny.
    -Crank flip, uni spin, etc off a skinny or disk to disk.

That’s all I can think of at the moment

Nothing wrong w/ it if you don’t mind retuning your spokes more often and replacing your rim sooner :roll_eyes:

Those are some challenging suggestions … I like them. Gonna try them myself.
Love the set up Terry. Living life intensely … the only way to go!
Shug

:stuck_out_tongue:

“Terry’s Trials”. Now with raised hopping discs! :smiley:

Doing this entire line without a dismount (or any prehops) is way harder than it may look! (the last arrow swooping down from the top of the stair set is indicating a static drop down all 9 stairs to the grass, and riding away.)

too easy

Haha, talk is cheap Tyler! Come out here and try it! You are a good rider, but I’ll bet you can’t do it on the first try…and maybe not until after many tries!

When you get better w/ your consistency, see how many laps you can get :sunglasses:

Mentally, it’d be kind of like the biathlon, when you’d get to the target shooting (or in your case the skinny), you have to relax and really consentrate:D If the skinny gets way too easy, you could put some bumps on it.

Maybe I’ll just forget this since it’s so much child’s play, and do a nice little skinny ride on a waxed rope stretched across the grand canyon. Still really easy, but it might be a little more of a challenge. :slight_smile:

ill do it three times in a row for you first try. lol

I’ll settle for once! You may not even make across the very first obstacle, the round hop-discs; they’re deceptively difficult! You have to hit them each dead center or they’ll throw you off! An they are only a little more than the diameter of a dvd disc, and they’re also not level.

throw together a muni/trial/coker weekend and ill come down.

Well, we could do it this Saturday, because Sunday am a group of us will be at Aliso doing one last MUni ride with Jamey, before he moves to Austraila on Monday! No specific meeting time or confirmation yet though.

For your idea, we could start with trials at my house, then from there we could go to the PV trail, only 10 minutes away, for some fun MUni, then maybe take a little break to eat, then head down to the beach (again only a couple miles away) for a coker ride of whatever length we all decide! Sounds like an awesome trifecta of riding to last the day! I think Joe wants to go also and anybody else you can get to come would be welcome as well! :slight_smile: