Pictures of your latest ride

That looks a lot like my nightrider before the T7 snapped. I used to carry bottles and a saddle bag too. I also had the same bbb grips on there. They’re the best, I think. Got them on my t-bar now. After my T7 snapped I sort of gave up on the backpackless concept, though. I usually carry a bladder now for longish rides. That way I can take more liquid as well. One thing that happened to me and many other T7 owners besides the snapping is that the bottle cage screws came loose after a while. So maybe that’s what will happen to you too… Here’s a pic of my nightrider the way it used to be:

sorry forgot my cam and my handy is broken, that’s why the stripes are in the pic…

Hey Turtle, your unicycle is starting to look almost exactly like that photoshop picture that was doing the rounds of the net some time ago. Uncanny!

Rob

Unicycle-Racer--42713.jpg

Wow, two brake levers. It must be possible to stop that very suddenly.

i know :stuck_out_tongue: still waiting for the 36" wheelset…

You shouldn’t place your mobile behind the spokes of another uni when taking a picture :roll_eyes: :smiley:

[quote]

DO YOU RIDE ALL THAT UPHILL???
Awesome if you do.

[quote=“Shug,post:1950,topic:99617”]

I wish! Actually I rode most of it when solo, but I was with a friend who was new to MUni, and he’d never ridden more than a couple miles offroad. We walked the really steep stuff to stay together.

Love that landscape - really nicely taken pics. Not too familiar with Dartmoor area but the stone walls and rivers remind me of Wales. Maybe I should get down there sometime?

Thanks. I suppose it is quite similar to bits of Wales (covered in sheep as well!) - I used to spend a fair amount of time in the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains before I moved down here (I’m a Bristolian by birth). If you’re ever down this way you’re welcome to drop in and go for a ride.

Rob

Beam me up

…obviously the car driver was a woman? :slight_smile:

Funny you should say that…'cos I’ve arranged for a delectable lady to create the perfect ‘pulling power’ to get my uni to take me along the Bristol to Bath ride in a few weeks time :sunglasses:

All she has to do is shackle herself to an immovable object in Bath and based on the CHIMP (Chick-magnet High Inductance Mode of Power) my only problem should be holding onto my unicycle from Bristol at E=mc2 and breathing at warp 10 :astonished: Anybody got a spare oxygen cylinder they don’t need :smiley:

Surely your uni would be attracted towards her Bristols?:wink:

hahahaha :smiley: brilliant!!
Do you think the rest of the World will get it :thinking:

Did about 12 miles total on the Pennsylvania Abandoned Turnpike. It’s a section of highway built decades ago, and was eventually rerouted, leaving 10 miles of abandoned highway and three tunnels. It’s both possible and legal to climb inside the old tunnel structures (which I did!) and see the old offices, storage rooms, bathrooms, house-sized ventilation fans, and ventilation ducts in the tunnel ceiling. One of the three tunnels is about a mile long, and when you’re in the middle, you can’t see light at either end! It slopes up slightly in the middle.

Overall a great trip that I plan to repeat in a few weeks!

Yes, that’s a bike in the last pic. I was with some friends on bikes, but wanted to give the scale of the tunnel entrance.

Cross county ride

I went out for a ride in the Vernon marsh in southeastern WI. Here are a few pics of the scenery. I didn’t get one of my muni and I. While I did have the usual frogs and crayfish crossing the trail this time something unusual happened. A large horn owl flew out of some brush and landed on the trail. It just sat there so I shot some pictures until it flew away. Anyway here are a few shots.

Got some lights sorted and went for my first proper night ride, rode a few miles on bridleways (unlit) and ended up at Bedford river.
Although pretty easy terrain riding in the dark was great fun - and oddly easy and difficult at the same time. You certainly have to ‘feel’ your way more than look and calculate…all kind of ‘Zen and the art of Unicycling’ (nows there’s a book waiting to be written!!).

One of the most beautiful days for a coker ride I can remember! Instant wallpaper! The original pic is 4000x2248 and 4.5mb, and way too large for the forum limit, so it’s scaled down big time, but still looks pretty good. :slight_smile:

except for the gear right in front :p:p:p
no sorry its a really good pic, but who´s the guy with the uni :thinking:
that can´t be you, you would have made the Victory;)

jogi

Assateague Island Maryland USA

First time I’ve tried riding on the beach.

Assateague Island Maryland USA

Sinepuxent Bay