Pictures of your latest ride

Here’s pictures from my ride today on the Mount Lemmon trail Bug Springs. The beginning of the trail starts with about a 500 ft. elevation change (seem like A LOT more)… going STRAIGHT up!!! Stairs stairs stairs. Than 1,300 ft going down over five miles. But all those stairs are worth the ride.
My dad rode the trail with me on the mtb. His first time on in a few years. Took a little for our confidence to build but towards the end of the ride we were cruising.:smiley: On a bike you can really bomb down the mountain so he would ride for a ways then let me catch up. Really fun father son excursion.
It’s a lot steeper than it looks.

The trail really goes over the log but…

Got to test my new center pull brake system during this ride. It worked very well.

Overall a great day. Had a few biffs and bails. Got my most awesome moment for that other thread. Shin guards saved me from a few bad pedal bites.:smiley:
I’m afraid I did not live up to my signature :frowning: the walking part. Some parts of the trail were just too insane for me to handle. However the second part of the sig was fulfilled to the utmost degree.

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

Looks like a fun trail. AZ is on my shortlist of places to MUni, like South Mountain!

Yeah, you aren’t too far away? Tucson Uni (Andy?) is here. I am here but I’m not very good :wink: Quite a few trails strewn through here. The trail I rode today is part of a chain of trails that runs the entire length of Arizona called the Arizona trail. I think around 800 miles of trails? THat would be an epic MUni journey!

Man I miss Tucson! I studied at UofA in the 90’s and had a 20 mile mountain bike commute every day to Uni of which about 15 miles was on the most awesome singletrack. I wish I was into muni when I lived there.

Bug Springs is great fun. Hope to have another muni campout this summer. Camp at General Hitchcock, right on the trail! We typically do Bug Springs one day and the more technical Green Mountain on the other. Good times for sure! This pic is from the Bug, and so is my avatar.

muni1.jpg

Easter ride :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I spent the Easter break on holiday with the family in northern Denmark. 2 out of the 5 days were wonderful sunny weather, the other 3 wet and cold! The first sunny day I had to lacquer the wooden deck of the summer house with my father in law, but I made sure that the second sunny day I escaped and got a decent ride in!

I went for a nice easy ride on the triton/schlumpf 36er on Easter Sunday morning. I followed a cycle route that runs parallel to the coast and cuts through pine forrests, before heading along little country roads. I made a detour out to the coast (pic 1) for some sandy muni action on the big wheel, and then continued north through some old farming areas (pic 2), and onto the coastal country roads up towards Skagen. On my travels I found a very suitable sign (pic 3), I then looped back and ended up at a nice set of lakes called Tversted-søerne (pic 4). Total distance was 45.3km. It was a great way to enjoy the sunshine!

I found a load of single track through the pine forrest and around the lake, so next time I am up there I think I’ll take the muni along as well.

Enjoy the pics,

Cheers,

Dmac

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

love the “Tritonvei”
great! was there a Triton at the end?

Triton leprechaun?

Hey Jogi,

I rode down Tritonvej, but it was a dead end, and there was no funny little man with a Russian accent (aka, the Triton Leprechaun) guarding a “Pot of Titanium” at the end of the Vej :frowning:

Still, I would argue that the Tritonvej is the ONLY vej…haha. :smiley:

Cheers,

Dmac :slight_smile:

Flat Flat and more Flat !!

This is a coastal path from the village where I live to the next small town called Saintes-Maries-de-la- Mer it’s a total of about 30 km from my house to the port there! I didn’t do all of it as there is a carpark 1 km from the lighthouse, so that leaves 14 km to st marie plus 3 km to the port so a total round trip of 34 km which I did in 3hrs 50min on my new KH 24. This area has it’s own beauty but it’s Flat! But this path is a great ride for a begginer like me! and I enjoyed being on the bigger wheel and just cruising along.:smiley:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

(from pg 398)

A long time ago I saw a vid from the Moab Muni Fest where near the end a guy ride up a 12 set :astonished: , I think he was riding a 24 w/ a Gazz. The individual stairs looked a bit small, but I have no idea how steep it was since the vid was streight on. The last 4 or 5 steps he had to roll them in half revs.

I think it’s in Universe II a guy rides up 2 full size stairs, then another 2.

George Peck rode up several in one of his vids (they weren’t very steep)

I haven’t seen a unicycle in a while but I bought a bike to spin in my free time, it’s a Macgyver special for sure.

I tried a heavier ride last week with longer cranks and lots of trunk space. Heavy and slow to respond but plows through everything

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0793.jpg

Nice rides there Boss! What are the top speeds like?

Hope the trip was successful.

Namaste.

I finished building my new 29" wheel for the Conundrum last night and took it out this morning for its first ride, about 7.3 miles to and around the state park.

EP1001-5920_great-brook-800.jpg

EP1001-5930_great-brook-800.jpg

Nice weather in Oslo today

IMG_00023_2.jpg

Riding the beginners’ skills loop at the Forest of Dean yesterday. Picture taken by my 5yo son “I got a picture of your back, daddy”

P4130891resize.jpg

MUni in the morning, and fun at the beach after! :smiley:

(Landed!)

beach drop.jpg

Right now I’m in Arizona and today I had the chance to ride my uni a bit at Lake Powell and the Colorado River. It was a blast! :sunglasses:
Despite of the rainy, very cold weather.

More pictures are here :slight_smile:

3.jpg

While riding up tree trunk, Yea right. I came across NZ native wood pigeon. Couldn’t persuade bird to take a ride.

mt2.jpg

Still putting the Oregon through it’s paces I see. Nice!

Oh, and keep those comments about the beach quiet. It’s snowing here for the 3rd day in a row and it’s starting to get to me. :frowning:

From the nearby lake today:

Best regards,
Sanne

Lyngby Sø.jpg