Pictures of your latest ride

Thanks, Yea, I feel like I’ve improved a lot over the past couple weeks, and especially this past week…from more conistantly freemounting to riding to working on turns, to idling to…1-footed idling? (Yup tried that just a bit ago, had something going. May be time to start getting that new uni with a flat-top fork to rest my foot on as it’s a tad difficult to hold it on that 45-degree flatspot).

About the spot: donut shop is closed when I ride through, which is probably a good thing as I’m not dealing with cars pulling in and out, or dealing with people worried that I’m going to fall on their property (and later sue. I hold myself accountable to my mistakes therefore I would not do such thing). However it would be fun to go rolling past the doors, wave and hop off the curb on the other side.

Fun thing in riding in this spot as well is that I’m more ‘out in the public’ therefore am bound to hear all the 1-wheeled half-bike jokes in the world as people walk by on the sidewalk.

I think I’m going to take my uni with me (along with my camera) when I go to my niece’s opening softball game tomorrow and ride around the park…hopefully the paths aren’t crowded. There is a basketball court as well that I can goof around in. prepares himself for more half-bike missing wheel circus jokes tomorrow After all, they are having a little carnival thing going on, so why not do a little ‘side performance’?

Not as impressive as Everest but a nice wet misty green valley

DSC00372.jpg

A nice and sunny day for a ride:

IMAG0112.jpg

Steve, that ride looks absolutely spectacular!

I could only hope to have a ride like that someday, looks like it would be pretty freakin amazing… :astonished:

Just got back from riding a new trail, Santiago Oaks in O.C. One of the many trails there called “Mountain Goat” is one of the most intense, technical, steep and rocky trails I’ve ever see/ridden! I took my GUni so I do it the same justice as my with my regular MUni. I’ll take that next time. :smiley:

santigap.jpg

santi3.jpg

santi4.jpg

santi1.jpg

:astonished:
The third pic looks like your riding off a cliff!

This is Muni Addict! So he probably is :smiley:

Wow! The first picture looks like a huge drop, and I don’t see where you could have landed in the third picture. Normally pictures make everything look easy, but those pictures make that trail look more than a little bit difficult!

Took the Conundrum out for a slide.

The third pic is the final part of Mountain Goat called, “Waterfall”. Yes it looks steep in the pic, but that’s a testament to just how steep it really is, since the camera always makes stuff look less so! There’s about 200 yards more of it, up and around to the left. My goal is to go back with my regular MUni–I was riding my G26er this morning, which is definitely the WRONG uni for this stuff!–and try to clean the whole thing, hopefully without killing myself!!! :o

Extreme Urban Downhill!

Just relaxing after a MUni session.

My unicycle is doing what I should probably be doing now, probably the longest day I’ve spent riding it, may be hitting up the hot tub tonight :slight_smile:

A local park I spent the day at when attending my niece’s softball games, had a variety of path to work with including a long straight away I would recommend for beginners as there’s a long fence running along the path. Perhaps I could have worked on backwards riding while I was there. There was also a small winding path surrounding the play structure that had a number of imperfections and slope variations I was able to ride through.

I even attempted riding the grass field which was very awkward. Idling was 1 thing but actually riding was much more tiring and I could feel every lump, dip, etc. Was a great day of riding however. I’m exhausted now, my knees are sore, and due to the amount of riding I did today in the warm California sun, thigh chafing was to be had.

I would love to have one!

That’s extreme
:smiley:

Mud!

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

Yep!

Slippier than it looks!

In the paddock
among the trees
there’s a unicycle
lying at ease

My usual daily 8k dash

tree.jpg

Perfect day for a nice 20 mile 36er ride. Me and long-time riding buddy Jim met at Huntington Pier and rode to the famous “Wedge” in Newport and back.

terryjim2.jpg

terryjim3.jpg

terryjim1.jpg

jimship.jpg

Great day in South-East of France today!

Well… by “today” I mean… 2 days ago, actually… It’s just me being a bit slow at uploading my pictures… :slight_smile:

It was an incredibly spring type of weather around Grenoble!

I did a loop which I am quite used to, but did it the other way around this time… and found that it was even better like that!

Click me for full res quality

Cheers, MadC.