Pictures of your latest ride

Now it’s understandable for someone to say, “Look! A unicorn!”

Bike Virginia

I rode my impulse in the Bike Virginia event Monday June 27. They estimated that there were around 1600 riders. The executive director of the event told me that I was the first unicyclist in the event’s 24 year history.

There were multiple loops including a century. I did the “short” loop, 20 miles. I did the whole thing, including at least one 14% grade for 150 feet vertical, with no dismounts or stops. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the positive response and encouragement from many of the riders.

They were from film from a wide angle GoPro HD helmet camera, I think it was filming at 720p or 960p. I paused the video on my comp and took screenshots. Nothing was added onto the camera, it has a fish eye sort of lense. More info of specs of camera here http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

I can’t operate the (butter smooth disc) brake lever with those DocMeter FlexMeter wrist guards so I wear a KH Pulse glove on my left (braking) hand and a cool (as in not hot cause they are fingerless) FlexMeter on my right. Your Impulse is set up just like mine. I love dual hole Moment cranks. 165 for light XC around the house and 137 for road trips. Here is a picture of the old girl leaning on a UniFirst Dr. street sign. Owensboro has 12.5 glorious miles of multi-use path. Last weekend, I rode every inch twice for a nice .25 century.

Hot day at the beach! Cruising the coast on part of a 45 mile road ride.

practiced grinding, long jump and high jump today…200cm longjump :slight_smile: went for 250 and bailed .

heres the pic from the 200cm :slight_smile:

Great day yesterday for a little ride in the hills and forests around my city.

Weather was really perfect, both sunny and still pretty cool.
The ride itself would have been close to perfection if my brake had worked… because it just didn’t (looks like some oil leaked out of it… will have to look into this more carefully next week-end!).

Cheers, MadC.

Two rides this morning, before the heat hit. First, an off road climb on my 29er.

Followed by a road ride on the Guni.

A little ride out to Cayucos, California to check out the route and setup for the parade I’m riding in tomorrow (mostly on my giraffe).

The Fourth of July festivities in Nantucket are tough on unicyclists because the main streets in town are cobblestone. I was walking along and saw a unicyclist riding pretty well on the bumps. I caught up to him and had a good conversation. His ride was custom built in Japan many years ago. It has a 27 inch wheel and cottered cranks.

Here’s some pics of my 30 mile training ride on the Elroy-Sparta State Bike Trail yesterday. It’s an extremely scenic trail, taking place along the path of an old railway, complete with several railroad tunnels and old, small towns along the way. We started at Kendall, rode 15 miles up to Norwalk, then back again. Our total time was 3 hours. I do this trail every year with my scout troop, for their 50 mile ride. They’re a bit slower, but it’s fun none the less. If you’re coming up to Madison for NAUCC, the trail is about an hour and a half drive from there.
If you have time, I suggest coming up and doing the trail, it’s a lot of fun.

Sorry about my last post, I couldn’t figure out how to get photos uploaded. Hopefully, this works:

You people have no idea what I went through to put these pictures up.

(Can you spot the frog in this picture?)

by the handle :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s just to the right of the hub. It looks like a little green leaf. By the upper-right corner of the 2nd step from the bottom.

Went for a ride around a couple lakes with some friends today, Managed to get this picture as well. Now that I’ve gotten this picture It’s time to go back to shorter cranks.

that is the best 36’er picture ive seen ever!! :smiley:

A few weeks ago at Delicate Arch in Moab:

Just saw the video clip, very cool man!

Hope you didn’t leave any marks…