Pictures of your latest ride

26 mile of undulating road ride today.

1. Mirror, mirror on the wall…
  2. The most extreme camber I have ever failed to negotiate. Red horizontal line superimposed highlights the drop in the road from the base of the uni wheel to the other side of the narrow road - about 15/20 inches.
  3. Welsh farmers burn their fields behind me in preparation for cultivation.

hills1.jpg

hills2.jpg

hills4.jpg

C2C Race

A local race with a really steep long hill for St. Patty’s Day. Wasn’t feeling strong after complications with a wisdom tooth extraction. The course starts with a really steep hill that goes a full mile and I just didn’t think I had it to surmount the hill. I wanted to show up strong and prevail, but felt weak as a kitten. I had earlier talked myself out of it numerous times, then signed up in the last half hour, missed the shuttle bus, stuffed the sensor in my sock and barely got to the start line as the the Wheel Chair and Unicycle Division started the race. I finished well, no UPD’s, surprised myself and that was a good feeling.

in the third pic left side there is someone with an Orkney ensign :thinking:

Nice job. I’m curious - why not your 29er with a road tire?

Maybe Next Year

I had a uni set up with a 29 “Road Apple” but the hill is too steep, an AX-29 with the aluminum frame, really light and I could’nt take the hill in better shape. I’m about 60% in that left leg, so very likely someone like Joe Meyers or you could. If nothing else I could retry the 29’r next year, borrow the Wizard outfit and wave the wand and say: “Winguardium leviosa”. (Hopefully someone will ask about the Wizard) K…nevermind, just kidding

Nice video! Makes me want to take my 36er offroad more.

Epic pics as usual.

From our trials ride tonight. I only got a couple pictures before my camera died.

Ah, got it, and now that I’m looking closer, I see that the kid in the second picture is having a hard enough time walking diagonally up the hill as you ride by. :smiley:

Sweet! What frame is that one the first uni?

Nice! :smiley:

it might be a very little more than nice? :astonished: :sunglasses:

Awesome pics everyone! I really love this thread. And turtle, you never disappoint.

It’s a Custom 4130 frame built by my dad. I don’t have any better pictures for you, but maybe I’ll get one next ride.

Yeah, and if you look at Straightarrow’s second picture even more closely you’ll see that on the far left one of the wheel chair racers found it so steep that he had to get out of his wheel chair and PUSH it up the hill! Now that’s steep.

Did an awesome ride with Paul today (timekeeper) We went up a little trail near a local park, and Paul showed me the ropes. Due to the recent harsh rainstorms, there was a lot of erosion, mud bogs, downed trees, and high river crossing. But that wasn’t gonna stop us from having some fun.

We hiked/rode up to the top, took a little breather, then had some fun downhill tech sections to ride back!

(That flat spot on the mountain way in the background is where I live :))

We found this little section off the trail near the creek where they had dumped a lot of gravel. It made for some really fun and tough riding (extremely soft ground) And it felt steeper than it looks!

Don’t call me no fair weather unicyclist!!

I did finally make it! It was a good feeling

This was a pretty gnarly drop actually, since the landing was so incredibly soft. I had trouble getting traction to even get TO the drop.

After we got out of our gear, we had some brews and played around on my new 29 :smiley:

To sum up, it was a fantastic muni ride, probably my favorite so far. If you’re not dirty then you’re not having fun! I learned some good information from Paul, he is a great rider and we’ll be riding more soon hopefully.

After todays ride, all my junk out to dry.

The wheelchair actually belongs to the guy(Keegan) in the arm-only trike. The cousin volunteers to push the wheelchair up the hill to save the extra weight for the guy that is arm powering up the hill. The guy that owns the wheelchair sumitted Mt. Fuji in an arm powered device, which is an epic undertaking. It would be nice to have a 29" wheel or a “guni” when/if I get to the top, but seriously now uniShark, would you know anyone that might loan me a “Wizard” costume with a “magic wand”? …because it might take some magic for me to see the top of that hill on a 29’r.

Looked like you had a blast, and congrats on your new 29er! :smiley:

Thanks! Today felt like I finally broke in my 24. Now I just need to do my first 29er muni. But I’m going out of town for a week nooooooo!

From today.