Pictures of your latest ride

Been moving house the last few weeks. It was great to get out today and start exploring new MUni at Kalimna Park

Sorry, I don’t visit this topic often. Thanks. That is Julien with the team Canada t-shirt, I took the pictures. If you wanted one, all you had to do was go to Unicon in NZ :stuck_out_tongue: (and be from Canada)

IPass update

still not open to top, although this was snow from last week. it appears that that I got shut down before the BIG plow

Those are the most amazing uni pics I’ve ever seen…by FAR! Great eye for detail.

Sante Fe, New Mexico.
The Dale Ball system of trails honeycomb all over the east side of town and are perfect for unicycling. Smooth, flowy trails, just enough features to be interesting, not technical at all…just rolling hills through a desert. Similar to Moab…
May have to go back for a few days!

http://www.youtube.com/v/wDVYZUoPzqg

Back in the Saddle …

After quite a lay off, 8 months , seriously buggered up * (*technical medical term) my ankle ligaments and also knocked my confidence following a nasty fall, I decided to get back in the saddle and take ‘Nessie’ into the woods around where I live …

On our travels we passed by the local ancient Offering Stone …

I think the Gods were pleased as we had a Fantastic day out … confidence has returned and can’t wait to get back out again

Cheers for now …Dave

Welcome back, and I liked the captions.

now that’s a pic

Just a gentle ride last night around the water sports and over the newly re-opened suspension bridge. They have spent millions improving the suspension bridge, and it is no longer half as much fun to ride over. Previously, it had a desperately uneven slatted deck, with gaps through which you could see the sparkling Trent far below.

Photos show Gadge.

There have been a number of “improvements” on some of the trails that I like to ride. It really wrecks the fun of the trails when they are graded and smooth.

I said to Gadge, “They’re spending my taxes to spoil my unicycling.” :angry:

first 29er pic from last Sunday, tree pic from this morning. last pic shows my 3 main rides. :smiley:

main 3.JPG

man terry, you can jump into trees now? and im still working up to a foot. maybe if i wait thirty years i will magically become awesome like terry

I transplanted my 36er’s geared heart into my KH26 today. It was quite an effort but I got it done alright. I put on the Gazzaloddi Jr. 2.6" and ventures plus those green plastic pedals. Went for a 35km XC ride with it as a warm up for elsbet on friday. I had to stop and tighten the cranks a lot (no loctite) but I think they’re pretty good now. I also met Queen Beatrix once again.

DSCF4839.jpg

DSCF4841.jpg

DSCF4842.jpg

Terry, your 29 looks so clean and pristine. Mine is all scarred up - probably from me learning how to ride muni on it :smiley:

That pic was taken before I gave it a full ride. Now it’s all muddy and broken in, good 'n proper…and after only three rides with it! :smiley:

Hey Terry, how are you enjoying 29"er Muni. :smiley:

Lovely spring evening ride in the Trent valley yesterday.

It’s my current favorite! I find myself in disbelief at the speed and smoothness on the trail! Plus it can handle the rough terrain surprisingly well. :smiley:

There’s another 29er tire I want to try, called the “dissent” by WTB. It’s 2.5 wide, apparently the beefiest, widest 29er DH tire on the market. Only negative is that it weighs a whopping 1450 gram = 3.196 pounds! The standard tire that comes with the kh 29er, the 2.3 wide WTB Stout, is a total lightweight by comparison at 863 gram = 1.9 pounds.

One reason the Stout is so much lighter, is the fact that is is a “folding bead” tire. it has a MUCH weaker sidewall vs the heaver, non-folding bead dissent. Still may be worth a try, especially if I’m going to be doing drops. :slight_smile:

Here is a quote I found about FB tires vs wire bead tires:

"I race pro downhill, on a course that is smooth and fast I will run a folding bead single ply side wall. On Dh courses with sharp rough rocks, a dual ply wire bead tire is needed.

For general XC/Road riding folding is the ticket, its a great way to save rotating weight.
Many brands make wire and folding in the same tread pattern."