Pictures of your latest ride

It’s a big old tyre that’s for sure…however, I’ve put about 40psi in it to start with to find a happy halfway house between reducing friction and absorbing the bumps. Makes it harder to bunny hop when I’m mounting though…I must feel like bwrightback :slight_smile:
I may remove the metal pins from the pedals…not sure these are really needed for road riding.

UL

40psi is a good pressure for the BA.

Only thing to be careful of is that the tyre will slip very easily on muddy ground. Went flat on my face a week ago due to leaving the footpath to avoid a flood.

Oooops, mud, yes, forgot about mud. Steer clear of mud, esp the slippy kind :roll_eyes:

Here’s a pic from last year. Jojoxie and I cycling along the north Wales coastal path.

( no mud ) :slight_smile:

photo.JPG

As the waters have receded at my local nature reserve I took my 24"Muni and Mr Jussi for a circuit and a swim (Jussi had the swim, not my Muni)…

Followed this with a ride to the shops on my new 29er (no mud). It flies on the road but my god it feels the lumps and bumps on the paths. Weird swapping from 24"/150mm to 29"/138mm but I’m getting the hang of it.

UL

Hi Uni_Lateral,

the pins are useful when road riding in wet conditions (under the rain or after the rain) and helps to not slip off the pedal with a bump :smiley:

YMMV, especially if you tend to have pedal bites and always ride in dry conditions :wink:

Riding my new muni in Tenerife. Pic by Lutz Eichholz.

Did you notice the HUGE cat head in the left of the picture ready to eat the little uni rider? Pretty cool.

That place looks beautiful and eerie.

I envy you this muni and Tenerife trip… so I hopped on my uni and rode away… Away turned out to be more away than I expected and I did 40km.
http://www.strava.com/activities/115517212
View in the direction of Krakow from somewhere at the north end of the trip.

A friend joined me after a 9km ride in the woods and offered to film me. I was exhausted (I know, it’s no excuse), but here is what it looked like:

I’ve been unicycling pretty regularly since october, comments are welcome on what I can do to reduce the “snaking”…

Another snow day…

A reporter for the Bellingham Herald took this picture on the morning commute to work today. They usually don’t see me much. Today work was delayed two hours so I got to ride in the light of day instead of 0dark:30.

Are you riding clipless , juggling, in the snow? :astonished:

For some people, unicycles just aren’t crazy and difficult enough :smiley: I wonder if he was geared-up too, I see the schlumpf but obviously don’t know if it’s up-shifted…

Here’s a 50sec video from some recent riding in Phoenix with Tomas, Steve and Carol. Amazing terrain they have there, definitely need to beef up my pad collection before riding there again.
Ro

Sedona AZ

Tough decisions on the trail in Sedona last week.
Beautiful country for unicycles, just watch out for the cacti.
Ro

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Another Sedona AZ shot, notice the unicycle for scale on ‘Devil’s Bridge’.
Ro

photo 1.JPG

Nice pics and video. I visit Arizona once a year an have always wanted to ride the red rocks in Sedona. Looks like fun!

Hey Roland, great video!

Opening weekend on the west slope of Colorado. Super stoked to ride dirt again.

It has been a long cold winter here in Maine. At first I tried to avoid riding on ice. Now I enjoy the challenge. This is one of my favorite places to ride. It has miles of nicely paved roads, dirt roads, and single track through woods. Now I go here to ride on the ice. Unfortunately, they have been putting sand down and making it too easy. No studs, just the stock 2.5 inch Dissent that come with the Nimbus Drak. And on a cold day like today there is hardly a soul around. :slight_smile: