Pictures of your latest ride

Hahahahaha! Although I don’t wear socks with my flips, I’ve always been totally baffled at the way those who do are treated by the fashion police. Once an old dude at work wore sox / sandals and from the reaction of some of the office hipsters, you’d have thought he just strangled a kitten or something. Does the sox / sandals combo have some sort of meaning I’m not aware of? …is it code for something? I don’t get it. :thinking:

A Giraffe on a Giraffe!

Was part of a Circus performance at a festival - good fun & I got paid!

circus in bridgend day 2 044.JPG

short trip at thursday:

http://bergeinrad.blogspot.com/2012/11/weisstannen.html

Le monocycle de bosses

I came across this bumpy clandestine (bmx?) track in a local park. About 20 bumps in succession. Quite a challenge to ride with no dismount. Any idea what this kind of track is called?

8151532330_fb9d7f58f6_b.jpg

It’s called a pump track, it’s for bmx style riding as well as dirt jumpers but you can use any kind of bike on it.

I had a very fun Halloween Convention on Thursday (I know it was after Halloween but, other than Thu, Wed wasn’t a holiday)
We went for a long MUni Ride from Wiesloch to the Königstuhl in Heidelberg and back. The one way distance was about 15km. We had lots of fun, great weather and a perfect timing as we arrived back in Wiesloch just before the rain set in. :sunglasses:

Here are some pictures but actually the short video is much worther to see. :roll_eyes: :smiley:

Some pictures from yesterdays afternoon ride.
KH28 with Schwalbe Marathon Dureme 2.0 and 114mm cranks -
perfect setup for XC/Tour.

DSC_0435kl.jpg

DSC_0436kl.jpg

DSC_0439kl.jpg

@ernst great sunset pic!

We are high and dry, very static weather pattern. Highest country MUni is snowed out, but the mid valley MUni is still rockin. Fun challenging new singletrack today, that combines constant contour variations, and long views. Grateful for good MUni so close.

low res pics2012-11-04.JPG

low res pics2012-11-04_1.JPG

low res pics2012-11-04_2.JPG

low res pic view2012-11-04.JPG

Nice riding there Mike, pretty lucky to have some snow free trails this close to the holidays.

There seems to be something different about you…did you get new shorts :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did the seat go in the last pic??

I don’t get it either. It’s just that i have read and heard it very often.
Is it the unholy combination of the comfort of sandals and the cozy warmth of socks? Thou shalt not wallow in his sock cladden feet in comfy sandals :thinking:

Greetings

Byc

My new ride: Ghost GUni

Maiden trail ride on my brand new, custom powder coated Ghost KH26" GUni. Still need to add the hydraulic brake back and the KH Touring handlebar (all white). Loving it so far!

ghost_guni_scaled.JPG

Nice lookin’ ride.

Can’t see it staying that clean for long though.

And if it does, then you’re doing something wrong.

That’s exactly the point! Kind of like how the Star Wars Storm Trooper armor is ridiculously white for fighting in the terrain and conditions they do! I love the irony! I don’t intend to keep it very clean but at least I’ll know there is a solid white base under there somewhere! :wink:

I want to mossyoak my muni!

Last Sunday, riding with Tom Holub and Libert Piou Piou in China Camp, CA, USA.

In the photo I am picking up my uni, after it went down in a cliff.
I tried to avoid some rocks in a single-track trail… I successfully avoided the rocks, but not the cliff :)… Fortunately I jumped from my uni and landed safely on the trail, before it went down in the cliff.

This is the Uni Dude’s favourite thread! Lots of great pictures. Here is a pic from his latest ride. :slight_smile:

3 videos of the Uni Dude can be seen here: Uni Dude

DSC_0328_3 copy.jpg

How do you get that effect?

Given the watermark on the pic, I suspect he got software at http://cartoonize.net/