Pictures of your latest ride

Found a few more, but not sure if I’m allowed to hotlink these

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Here’s some more (got permission to hotlink now)

From http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishcyclingphotos/sets/72157630276570202/with/7438185086/
britishcycling.org.uk photos. Pictures from a muddy Wiggle Mountain Mayhem 2012. Pictures by Ed Rollason.

Mountain Mayheim

All that money spent saving weight seems a little wasted now??? :smiley:

More Pipeline…

Hats off to you mud-riders for sticking with it…

Here in Utah it’s dry, dry, dry, and wildfire season. The smoke in Salt Lake was pretty bad on Friday, but the winds shifted on Saturday and things cleared up quickly. So, I hit the Pipeline Trail again on Sunday, and started with my first ride of the season on the upper part: Elbow Fork to Burch Hollow (after riding 1.4 miles [2.25 km] up the road), followed by an out-and-back to the top of Rattlesnake Gulch, and back up the road to the car from Burch Hollow. The total ride ended up being about 13 miles, or 21 km.

The upper part of the Pipeline has long stretches of shady, cool, straight, smooth, single-track interrupted by a few cliff areas and “hollows” with “dipsy-doodles,” and ending in some rough downhill and a series of about 6 switchbacks down to Burch Hollow.

The conditions were perfect. It ended up being a wonderful morning ride, highlighted by my bumping into three different trail runner friends I know from years past in three different groups. (I keep trying to convince these guys they need to start riding Muni!)

Here are a few self-timer shots that I’ve pieced together in a series.

And yes, we do have trees in Utah – quite a few in the various mountain ranges throughout the state and in the National Forests, like this one about 5 miles from my home.

UPL1.jpg

UPL2.jpg

UPL3.jpg

UPL4.jpg

To be fair, the worst mud I’ve ever ridden a bike in was in Utah, in August!

Hey there,
as mentioned here I’ve been in Rome for 2 weeks a few time ago.
Now I’ve uploaded my pictures.

You can find them in my Picasa web album. :slight_smile:

wow great pics :smiley:

… Wow. I wish I could ride in mud like that, but just occationally. That looks like a wonderful event.

That is a crazy handlebar configuration! Looks really comfortable, but I hope you never, ever, ever UPD off the front. :astonished:

2012 Sun Mountain Big Ring Bash

bungeejoe came in third place against the mountain bikers again in Cat 3 Men 45+. Five races so far in the Fat Tire Revolution Series, three podium finishes and high point for his category in the series since the second race.

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

2 Likes

WAY TO GO, JOE!!! How many people were in the category that Joe was competing in ??

3 :smiley:
just joking, I have no clue…

Congrats Joe!

Great pics :smiley:

Is that the Mountain Mayhem?
Write up wanted :o

I thought the clue was the number board in my wheel :wink:

Not sure I’m the best person to do a write up - as I said I was an interloper. I only live 15 miles away, so took my son along for the kiddies race on Saturday morning and thought I’d look up the unicyclists whilst I was there - found out they were a man down, so volunteered to come back and do a lap. Didn’t really enter into the spirit though, as I went away (rode 10 miles with a mate doing John O’Groats to Lands End who was coming past my house, and went to son’s school fete), then came back to do my lap before going home to sleep in my own bed! Rob who organised the teams is sometimes on here (as obviously is Roger).

lol
I didn’t look at that pic too carfully :roll_eyes: I was more interseted in the riders covered in all that mud.

I thought is was happening soon and past write-ups usually talked about how muddy it got. :sunglasses: I would have difficulty doing that race through mud like that on two wheels, on one I doubt I’d make more than a couple of feet :frowning:

Yes Mayhem was a tad muddy this year. It’s often quite muddy and parts of the track become unrideable, but this year was the worst I’ve seen yet. In places it was like a river of custard 6" deep, other places had almost become part of the lake. Early in the race quite a bit of it was rideable (at least most of the first half of the lap), but it rained a lot overnight and by the time I went out for the second time almost all the singletrack was near impossible (but quite fun trying!). Some people were managing to ride most of it on bikes, but they were definitely a minority with the right skills/technique.

Some years we’ve had a lot of problem with sticky mud binding the wheel up in the frame, but that wasn’t so bad this year. The problem was the sheer quantity and depth of mud. Our two teams managed 5 and 6 laps; we normally do more like 15.

I prefer it drier and faster really :slight_smile:

Albany Pine Bush - 11 miles

Sand, you are a worthy adversary; I shake my fist at you! But, be warned…
I WILL defeat you!!!

Pine Bush Sand 06262012.jpg

Sand is gnarly. It wears you out twice as fast. Exercise is good, though… :smiley:

I must be doing it wrong, sand wears me out five times as fast. :wink:

There were some severe floods here yesterday, with some cars getting completely submerged, and some unfortunate people getting washed away. The only logical thing to do was to go for a unicycle ride :smiley:

This is actually a bridge. It used to be about 20 meters further upstream, before the flood carried it away.

This is what the stream looked like after all the rain. As a comparison, it is normally about 4 feet wide.

A day later, the flood water had receeded a bit, but it was still faster than I had ever seen it before.

Although this looks like a swimming pool, it is actually the local skate park!