Pictures of your latest ride

haha right on Cody! I love that trail and I also jumped off that same huge rock! Did you do the shuttle from the very top? When I rode Noble last time, there was snow at the top–12 miles up–and it was like summer at the bottom! :slight_smile:

Haha, right on Cody! Noble C is one of my favorite trails! Did you guys do the shuttle? Last time I rode it, (solo) I started at 12 miles up, and there was snow everywhere, and then it was like summertime at the bottom! I also jumped off that same HUGE rock! (Different angles make it look different, but I’m sure it’s the same one.) :smiley:

303167_248561225185083_100000936217236_720446_429403365_n.jpg

1.jpg

Spam, spam, spam, spam, WONDERFUL SPAAAAAAM, WONDERFUL SPAAAAAM.

Please don’t reply to spam, and if you do, never quote the spam. It’s makes it harder to delete. Just report it and wait for it be deleted.

I apologize. I figure only one person needs to report spam, otherwise it could clog system. Just twying to halp =(

Proceed with the pictures!

Not much of a picture, but I rarely get one of me actually riding.
This was from a group ride with some people from my office (all on bikes) last weekend at the Hiawatha rail-trail. I did the ride on my Schlumpf, currently on a 26. Most of it was really cruiser, but riding in high gear was quite challenging in the long, dark tunnels, because I felt like I was just flying down a black hole. :astonished:
More info on the ride here: Hiawatha rail trail with my son

DSCN0428.jpg

While riding the local trail on my G26er, and going downhill on narrow single track at a good clip, I just missed running this little guy over! He was stretched out right across the trail and looked like a skinny little tree branch, so I was going to just go over it as usual!

Then, at the last second I realized it was a gopher snake, and I was mere feet away, coming right at it in high gear. There was no way to stop that fast, and I couldn’t go left or right, so I just bailed off the back and stopped just in time! I took a few pics and took him back into the brush and let him go. :slight_smile:

snaky.jpg

Wow, nice pic! aren’t it poisonous? Or you just trust the KH gloves?:slight_smile:

Not venomous. It’s a common gopher snake. They kill their prey by constriction only. I’ve had several as pets and they are very docile, even in the wild, but are also very aggressive eaters, and will gladly swallow one mouse while constricting another in its coils!

This was taken just a few minutes after releasing the snake back into the brush. Nice “impression” of the ride! :slight_smile:

Nice to know, thanks for the info (my pets are only tiny fish and a dog…).

Terry, a friend of snakes is a friend indeed :slight_smile:

Haha yeah, better to have our reptilian friends out there in the wilderness, than be overrun with Vermin! :astonished: I so hate ignorant people who try to kill these beautiful creatures, whether out of fear or unfounded hatred of snakes in general. :frowning:

Here’s a short video showing the snake “encounter”. :smiley:

Yeah, sure, gopher snakes are fine and all, but Brown Snakes here in Australia can all burn in a fire.

Oh I hear you on that! I know that Australia has the world’s most venomous snakes. Usually they won’t bother you unless you bother them, but there are so many of them, they often find there way into residential areas, and homes! :astonished:

Here’s a list of the top 10 deadliest animals in Australia.

That list is missing Drop Bears and hoop snakes!

36ed it up last sunday for a 29 mile ride along the canal system of phoenix, arizona. It was pretty hot.

Kärnten, Austria

Beautiful Day … Caught the Ferry to Velden and Unicycled back through the woods, via Trattnigteich, to Reifnitz.

Uni (8) _2.jpg

Beater Bash 2011. Despite a ripped seat and paint worn off by my legs rubbing my muni is not exactly a beater but I’m told it was the first time a uni rode in the beater bash. Maybe next year I’ll ride my actual beater unicycle if I don’t ride my recumbent. I do what I can to ensure that unicycling gets the treatment as a serious sport.

Here are some of my latest rides. Met up with local riders Cyc and SMI last weekend and had a great time doing the long DH from the top of the Schauinsland to Freiburg.
The 36er picture was taken on the Rosskopf yesterday, where I discovered a new fun trail.

DSCF9316.jpg

DSCF9343.jpg

DSCF9370.jpg

DSCF6505.jpg

DSCF6510.jpg

DSCF6512.jpg

DSCF6515.jpg

DSCF9384.jpg

DSCF9315.jpg