Pictures of your latest ride

Great pics

Great and beautiful pictures I have seen here. I have never done unicycling.I think its very difficult to ride unicycle.Isn’t it???

awesome view…

Wow such a beautiful view of sea side…great job man…keep up the good work…

I am the only bearded muni rider around here that I know of, and I have ridden at Sherwood Forest, but only a couple of times. The times I have been there have been with a bunch of other muniists, so I doubt I would have been particularly singled out in order to be confused for you.

Anyway, looks like you had a great ride. As Gadge says, the next time you’re in the area, let us know and we can probably get a few of us together for a ride.

STM

Whist we were out in the Peak District at the weekend, a car stopped and wound down its window to ask us if any of us were in the Ironbridge area a couple of weeks ago. I asked if we were riding a much bigger wheel and looked a little bit older and the car driver said yes. So, I think it’s fair to say that you had been spotted Monocyclism :slight_smile:

STM

If the unicyclist in question was having his picture taken with a lady then it was definitely Monocyclism;)

Nice pictures people - especially Aspen Mike’s (as usual!) and Splodge’s first one in the forest.

I got back from Joe’s Peaks Muni Weekend last night. I’d booked today off work in case I ended up riding all day yesterday and having to drive home this morning, so I had a whole day to kill. So what did I do? Went out on a muni ride. I’ve been meaning to explore a bridle way that looks like it almost links up a couple of my favourite local trails (avoiding a few miles on the road) and today seemed like a good time to go for it - nice and clear (can navigate by sight) and dry (bogs not too dodgy). It was a pretty successful trip - the bridleway is very nice and ridable, with only a little climb at the end that was too steep and rocky to get up. It does peter out in the middle of nowhere, as shown on the map, but within sight of a clump of trees that I know is next to the other trail. It was probably about half a mile or so across the open moor, which was very hard to ride (and not really legal anyway) but didn’t take long to walk and wasn’t boggy - at least after a couple of weeks of dry weather. I don’t know if I’d fancy it in mist or after lots of rain, but in dry conditions it’s a nice new route. The first attached picture is of Norsworthy Bridge, near Burrator Reservoir, and the others are around an old farm building next to the Bridleway (heading towards Sheepstor Common).

Rob

:slight_smile:

Did a test ride to work yesterday. New saddle (KH09), new cycling pants and a new drinking bottle. Unfortunately the shape didn’t work very well in the bottle cage, that is why it is in backwards*. The bungee cord is necessary even with regular bottles to keep them from wiggling loose during riding. Maybe I should have spent more than $3 on the bottle cages :roll_eyes:

*the bottle, not the pants

That looks a lot like my nightrider before the T7 snapped. I used to carry bottles and a saddle bag too. I also had the same bbb grips on there. They’re the best, I think. Got them on my t-bar now. After my T7 snapped I sort of gave up on the backpackless concept, though. I usually carry a bladder now for longish rides. That way I can take more liquid as well. One thing that happened to me and many other T7 owners besides the snapping is that the bottle cage screws came loose after a while. So maybe that’s what will happen to you too… Here’s a pic of my nightrider the way it used to be:

sorry forgot my cam and my handy is broken, that’s why the stripes are in the pic…

Hey Turtle, your unicycle is starting to look almost exactly like that photoshop picture that was doing the rounds of the net some time ago. Uncanny!

Rob

Unicycle-Racer--42713.jpg

Wow, two brake levers. It must be possible to stop that very suddenly.

i know :stuck_out_tongue: still waiting for the 36" wheelset…

You shouldn’t place your mobile behind the spokes of another uni when taking a picture :roll_eyes: :smiley:

[quote]

DO YOU RIDE ALL THAT UPHILL???
Awesome if you do.

[quote=“Shug,post:1950,topic:99617”]

I wish! Actually I rode most of it when solo, but I was with a friend who was new to MUni, and he’d never ridden more than a couple miles offroad. We walked the really steep stuff to stay together.

Love that landscape - really nicely taken pics. Not too familiar with Dartmoor area but the stone walls and rivers remind me of Wales. Maybe I should get down there sometime?

Thanks. I suppose it is quite similar to bits of Wales (covered in sheep as well!) - I used to spend a fair amount of time in the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains before I moved down here (I’m a Bristolian by birth). If you’re ever down this way you’re welcome to drop in and go for a ride.

Rob

Beam me up

…obviously the car driver was a woman? :slight_smile:

Funny you should say that…'cos I’ve arranged for a delectable lady to create the perfect ‘pulling power’ to get my uni to take me along the Bristol to Bath ride in a few weeks time :sunglasses:

All she has to do is shackle herself to an immovable object in Bath and based on the CHIMP (Chick-magnet High Inductance Mode of Power) my only problem should be holding onto my unicycle from Bristol at E=mc2 and breathing at warp 10 :astonished: Anybody got a spare oxygen cylinder they don’t need :smiley:

Surely your uni would be attracted towards her Bristols?:wink: