Pictures of your latest ride continued

Ohh… ouch!!! Hope it fully heals. I hope it wasn’t your dominant hand too, otherwise you’re going to have to learn to do everything wrong handed… :frowning:

For me, the safety equipment is

1. Ankle shoes
  2. Wrist guards
  3. Knee coverings and helmet (helmet is compulsory in Australia if you ride a bike)
  4. And I mostly don’t ride in the dark, but lights too if I do.

Anyway, going to suggest stay off the uni for now. It looks really nasty :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s so true… It’s hard to find descents or climbs any higher than 10m and since we don’t have any rocks in nature, all you can find is loose sand and some roots in a natural surrounding. So unless you revert to man-made lines, it’s very limited.
That’s also the main reason I don’t ride muni a lot. I would love to ride stuff like Ryan Kremsater does, but there’s just nothing to practice that stuff here…

That really sucks. I’ve got an injured wrist myself despite using wrist guards, but I somehow strained it in the direction that the wrist guards don’t offer protection.

What I found however is that learning to ride with your other hand isn’t that hard. It felt really awkward for the first couple of days, but after about two weeks now I feel I am close to where I was with my left hand before I injured it. One of the worst things was instinctively grabbing the handle with my injured hand only to feel a sharp pain from doing it.

1 Like

Welcome xav29er. I live in Boston, and for some reason there’s a lot of German-speaking folks around where I live. Every so often I hear “das ist ein Einrad!!” in the park.

1 Like

Some fall color in the neighborhood.

16 Likes

A Sunday afternoon meander through the forest…

12 Likes

Sadly not but I think I’ll be investing in some

Oh no! Looks exaclty like mine a few years ago after a moto accident. You will heal up nice and strong. I will learn from your experience and order the wrist guards that I have been putting off.

1 Like

Breaking my wrists is my greatest worry as I work with my hands for a living. I never ride without wrist guards.

3 Likes

Wow Dino, that stinks, hope the surgery goes well and you heal up good

1 Like

8 Likes

That looks great!

Surgery went well. It turns out it was a clean break at the base of the existing plate, so healing time should be short. The Surgeon intended to remove the original plate and replace it with a single longer one, but couldn’t get the locking screws to undo so just overlapped the new plate with the old one.
Hopefully I’ll be back riding within a few weeks, though I won’t be going off road again.

4 Likes

Hey Dino sorry to hear about your wrist so I hope it heals well and quickly, do you mind me asking if you was wearing wrist guards?

1 Like

Sadly I wasn’t, but they’re now top of my shopping list! :rofl: :joy:

Hello Dino,
I had (nearly?) the same kind of fracture 9 years ago, and that urged me to buy wrist guards … :wink:
Best regards and happy recovery
Sanne

2 Likes

Myself, I have a hard time seeing these kind of graphic images.
Maybe for the next one you could provide a link so someone who doesn’t want to see it doesn’t have to.

Show us a “picture(s) of your latest ride” in this thread and post your injuries in the “picture(s) of your latest injury” thread.

I would really appreciate that… maybe others would too.

3 Likes

Noted and will do. Though hopefully I won’t need to :wink:

1 Like

Those are my pics from my last ride in rabat

5 Likes

Hey Dino I can imagine wrist guards are a priority now so I hope you get some and that they help if needed again. I wear guards every time I ride even though I’d rather not and I know mine have saved me a few times thankfully.