Pictures of your latest ride continued

Yes it was from my phone, i think it was 4G.

Does it matter from which device the files are sent?

It shouldn’t, but I’m trying to pinpoint what seems to be a bug :slight_smile:

Before heading into the office today I noticed that it looked like rain but since the weather service claimed it would not happen I risked it and came in in a t-shirt. That was a bit mistake, so I had to take refuge in a cafe on the way.

While sitting there I started to read an lighthearted news article about “101 reasons to love Oslo”.

My favourite was this one, reason 10. I shall let you guess why!

For those that cannot read Norwegian (ok, that is likely most of you! :laughing:), here is a translation

1. Look and don’t be seen at Korsvoll

Havnabakken (The harbor hill), on the border between Nordberg and Korsvoll, is technically a road, but there is also a park, one of Oslo’s steepest and least crowded, with an unbeatable view of the city and the fjord. Here you can see author Erlend Loe coming out of the woods daily and plunging down the hill on his unicycle, naive and super at the same time.

The hand drawn image of Erlend on a unicycle was animated in the original page.

EDIT: OK I extracted it
erlend_cycling

P.S. Here is where I found the article (it is partially paywalled)
https://www.dn.no/d2/smak/uteliv/musikk/101-grunner-til-a-elske-oslo/7-1-sokcji4pfc

9 Likes

Interesting riding technique of Erlend. :grinning:
(Kicking spokes with one foot)

4 Likes

Yes I have cycled with him in real life. He always does this! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Took part in Save The Ride with @Onehunna.

It was only thanks to unicorn power that we made it through the ride. 22 miles with no preparation on my part is one of my better ideas…

Cobblestones. Why did it have to be cobblestones at the finish line? You can sense our fear of them easily.

10 Likes

With work sometimes I have to work at various client’s sites. Site allowable work hours being 7am to 3pm.

So before driving home, I get to explore the areas around site.
This is North Richmond, on the edge of North West Sydney, at the foot of the Blue Mountains.

7 Likes

I was able to watch the sun rise this past Sunday morning.

8 Likes

Some pictures of my Pyrenees crossing:

27 Likes

Totally cool pictures :smile:
Nice to see Felix also!
BR Sanne

1 Like

First ride with the new uni and the new(ish) dog. Went well :smile:

11 Likes

I did a 74 mile “ride my age” on the Ride the Willapa ride yesterday. Some on the gravel trail but mostly on nearby country roads.

21 Likes

Impressive and how did you feel?

1 Like

I felt tired but not beat. I was done with the 74 miles by 4:00pm and still had over 5 hrs of light left to make it to a full 100. However ride support ended at 4:00 and I was not prepared to provide my own support (food and water).

4 Likes

That sure is impressive so well done :+1:

If I rode my age it would be reverse of you at 47 and I’d never get anywhere near that distance!!

1 Like

Only photo of me at the Pride Festival parade I can find (which is odd, because I was clearly the show-stopper). I’m in the back, red hat, riding a unicycle, handing out candy. A tad blurry.

My wife and oldest son, though, were in lots of photos, because holding a banner for a group is definitely a more impressive skill. They had to practice at least three seconds to get it right.

6 Likes

couple pics from some trails at a park we stayed at in Iowa last week, they were just well groomed walking trails but had some of the hardest hills I have had to climb to date, ran across this cool little chapel built in honor of a lifelong Scout Master that was well known around the area.

9 Likes

Great ride via the canal here in Bath, round through a small village called Monkton Combe and then back through the “Two Tunnels” (2.5km combined).

These tunnels have nice ethereal violin / cello music pipes into it during the deep middle section.

Makes for a cool experience overall.

Happy to have handled the low lighting and chilly ride all in high gear :grinning:

13 Likes

The trick is to make it metric :wink: .

I used to ride my (imperial) age every year, but one year I just hadn’t been active enough and I DNFed. Haven’t done it since but I really should.

Nothing as impressive as Jim’s ride of course!

2 Likes

Riding with my dude alongside the Huangpu River. The view is spectacular! It’s a shame when we stop to take a photo it’s too late that most of the lights were shut off.

11 Likes