Pictures of your latest ride continued

It snowed almost 30cm yesterday, I was almost the only one out on the paths.
this was wet snow so it was extra slippy than normal snow, so it was challenging to do much more than riding on the path but I did get up to some rock drops, some easy mtb trails, some one foot riding, some drifting (braking and twisting so as to loose traction for a second, then regain traction and continue riding), and some other skills.

16 Likes

On the way home from work, I treat myself to a nice detour along the blooming apple trees. It is a privilege to live in such a beautiful area with many quiet streets.

15 Likes

I like the contrast in the pictures of the last two posts, @DavidTennant and @www.einradshop.ch. May I ask where this snowy region is? The sunny one is Switzerland, I’m sure.

1 Like

the picture was taken here

1 Like

The snow was in Calgary Canada

2 Likes

I said to @Eddbmxdude in the post below that the next time I was over in the Kylesku area in Sutherland on the West Coast of Scotland I would have a ride in the car park at the view point and take a walk along the bridge ‘in tribute’ to Mike Taylor and unicycling on the rail and his filming of it…

So, as chance would have it, I had my KH 26 with me and not my KH20 – which of course was a bit too big to take up on the railing – otherwise I would have totally given it a go :wink:

So here I am (or at least my avatar alter-ego) in the car-park along with a view along the railing.

Wile E. Coyote had run away back to the car by the time I ventured over the bridge – given the drops he has taken into canyons in the past that is saying something about his thoughts about unicycling on the railing :slight_smile: .

Anyhow, this is another post at the same place in this very thread…

7 Likes

Muni after 2 years

Mud, pain and happyness!!!

10 Likes

Apologies for this not being my latest ride, but this popped up on social media as a memory from a few years back.
I had taught my then 6yo to ride and my 8yo desperately wanted to learn, but sadly never did.

6 Likes

There aren’t many mountains around here but I found one to photograph at last.

You might notice that I am missing part of the frame.

12 Likes

I noticed also another part missing… where is your other wheel?! :rofl:

1 Like

Had a nice 10k ride along the Strand beach front this morning.

7 Likes

After attending a workplace training course for “Safety working at Heights”, which finished early, I spent a couple of hours at Sydney Olympic Park BMX Track with my KH29.
Manage to ride through the course 4-5 times…really fun…with varying inclines through-out.
The mid section had the steepest inclines/ramps. Course layout is out and back twice.
Best I could do was to UPD just once riding from the start area to finish line.

10 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun.

My uni doesnt balance on its own

I have a bmx track near me that I must try one day as I’ve thought about it before, I’m imagining it to be challenging!

You are braver than me, still haven’t tried that track yet, and on a 29 as well. There is another track on Mona Vale Rd, maybe I’ll get around to it one day.
Manly Warringah BMX Club - Google Search

I’ve had plenty of practice riding up a 15% grade hill to get home from the nearby park.
BMX is so dangerous…racing on concrete, jumping from ramp to ramp, I remember racing BMX as a kid on dirt tracks…which “cushioned” the spills.

Cram a little something between the wheel and frame and even your uni can defy gravity.

2 Likes

I found the trickiest part was getting up the 3 steepest, longest inclines. I would try to carry the speed/ momentum from prior ramp down slope. With the 29” I felt I could do that and only need 2 good revolutions of pedals to get up over the crest. With smaller wheel I think I wouldn’t be able to carry the momentum as much and need more revs to get up over the crest. Might even not bother trying to climb at speed.

1 Like

My morning ride along Strand beachfront promenade on my KH 26er
(Apologies for it not being properly focused)

3 Likes