Pics of my Surly Conundrum Frame and MountainUni rotors

well i was justwondering because my eulixers on my mtb weigh less than maggies.

Yeah, my formula oro k24 is pretty light too.

do you have the formulas with the TI hardwear? my eulixers are the non carbon!

Nope… I think my caliper weighs in at 380 grams with a 160mm rotor and a front post mount. I’m not sure how much the MU rotor weighs than the Formula 160mm rotor.

Dang that is light!!

I think your Elixer is about 5-10g lighter…

There are two Surly Larry 26 x 3.8:
27 tpi ~1400gm
120 tps ~1300gm

Duro Wildlife 26 x 3": 1800gm

There is also a Larry/Endomorph tube, not sure hwo much it weighs. I run a standard 3" DH tube same as the one I ran in my Duro 3".

I do not find the Larry to be all that heavy, esp when you consider all the advantages in terms of float and suspension.

I will weigh when I get home.

weight

The Sinz cranks (145mm) weigh in at 430g, my caliper and lever is 380g, not sure how much the rotors are, I will weigh them when they come in tomorrow for my other wheels.

I’ve seen anywhere from 600-790g as the weight of maggie rim brakes and KH moments weigh in at 500-575g. It’s probably all a wash. :smiley:

how are you liking the disk?

I love it. I am getting a UCM to play with some other frames and toy around with my 36-er. I am probably going to buy 2-3 different calipers to see which ones work best with my unis.

I recomend avid xx

Surly Conundrum Retromod

I’ve had my eye on Tim’s Conundrum for a while, waiting for an opportunity to build my own. I decided that while I was at it, I’d pursue a couple of other ideas. In addition to adding a disc tab, I had the Magura mounts removed and a couple of cable guides added.

I also took the opportunity to build up a 650b wheel (a Hans Dampf on a Velocity Blunt rim).

Full View

Can’t wait to get her dirty.

That is one nice looking Unicycle. How hard was it to add the brake mount, and cable tie bosses? Looks like you had it repowdercoated. Just Wow, very nice!