Photos of 2005 Kris Holm unicycles now at krisholm.com

wow, these unis look spectacular. i did not realize that you (kris) were making a new rim as well. i cannot wait to see it in person!

as it was said before in a couple threads, it is only coming in blue. i think the blue looks awesome, even better than the orange. its a pity that the seatposts arent blue as well, though.

i too noticed that the hub/cranks resemble the onza much more than the kh, although im sure that kris had much more influence in the design :slight_smile: .

overall it looks like an incredible unicycle.

Ok lots to reply on this, so a bit of a compilation.

Cranks on new KH/Onza hub. These are the same the Onza. So if you have an old Onza hub, it will fit these cranks. Although there is a new locking system fitted to stop creaking and wear which was the main problem with the cranks.

The pitch on the bearings is 100mm so it will fit the Onza or the KH unicycles.

Price, it is competitively pricedā€¦ check out a set of BMX cranks and add in the price of a bottom bracket/hub.

Rim, it has been under test for about 9 months and has proved it to be as good as any other if not better.

Titanium ISIS, Joe who was getting this made got let down by his manufacturer. He has the design ready to go, but can not find any one to make it for sensible money at the moment.

The bearing fitted are 42mm bearings. If you have a pressed steel frame it is likely that you can get them to fit without a problem. If you frame has machined bearing housing that were made for 40mm bearings, then you can not use.

I think that is allā€¦

Roger

I said what I had heard, and I still donā€™t see any evidence to contradict it. I never said anything about the titanium isis spline.

Really cool new unicycles Kris! I like how youā€™ve increased the number of splines and increased the crank length selection. Iā€™d better start saving my pennies.

No need to complain- the inner width is shown in the inset picture- 35mm for the freeride rim and 30.8mm for the cross country rim.

kris holm rims.jpg

Ah!, I completely missed that info on the web page. Either that, or I read it and promptly forgot.

That 700c rim is cool. I think it may be the widest 700c rim available.

I hope the rims will be available separately. I may be replacing the old Avro Zum rim on my KH Pro muni. Itā€™s bent and warped enough that I canā€™t use a brake with it any more. Iā€™d prefer to replace it with the new KH Freeride rim.

without machiened sidewalls? at least you will scare all the deer awayā€¦

If it scares away the slugs Iā€™ll be happy. :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll have to see how the rims do with a brake. Kris was using what I believe was this rim at the California Muni Weekend and I didnā€™t notice brake squeak.

wasnt wet there was it? :roll_eyes: still iā€™ll take a taiwan rim with machined walls over a taiwan rim without any day. plus those rims wont be for sale alone for a very long time anyway.

The rims are hard anodised not powder coated. They should not squeek with the right blocks on them, I think it is the black Magura blocks you needā€¦

The rims are available for sale at Unicycle.com. We also have the Nimbus 29" rim which is I think actually wider (only slightly); but it is only single skin. Although if you look for them on the site, they are not there yet. We have not been able to get the up yet. Hope to have them there for the end of the week.

Roger

the 29inch has noodles and the 20inch is noodle-less.

from what I can see on kh site and bedford pics

And the old kh frames angle downwards to the front, these noodles look like they will angle your foot upwards in front.

Just curious why?

Sorry about the thread-jackā€¦

It seems like half of your posts are smart-ass comments designed to make someone feel bad. This is why youā€™re first on my ignore list.

Now when you start picking on my friends, you get first place on my shit list. If I ever have the displeasure of meeting you in person, Iā€™ll have a fat knuckle sandwich ready and waiting for you. Thank your lucky stars that youā€™re on the East Coast and weā€™re on the West.

Picking on people through the Internet is cowardly. Why donā€™t you pick on people in person? Maybe then youā€™ll get the wicked ass-beating you deserve.

Addressed here.

This is a good thread, beneficial to everyone. Good questions are being asked and answered. Ignore this post and the one above it and carry on with the thread as normal.

Maestro8ā€™s point is very well taken. The Obie posts lean heavily toward the counterproductive and tasteless. However, physically threatening someone publicly who is a fellow forum member probably ranks slightly below that in tastelessness. What you two decide to do in your PMā€™s is at least no longer public. Please take the vindictive and posturing trash out of BOTH the RSU and JC fora.

I guess we canā€™t let this thread do what it was intenededā€¦

I feel that I have gotten a bad reputation that I do not deserve. You people do not share my sense of humor which includes ribbing people and dry wit. You find this offensive. Enough of you seem to dislike my posts that Iā€™m just gonna stop for a while. Fck it all, fck you all.

Grow a sense of humor. Stop being such wimpering pussies and grow some balls. Everything in life isnā€™t PC.

See yas in a whileā€¦on to totse!

I got one word for ya Krisā€¦ PIMP :smiley:

ā€¦mustā€¦notā€¦buyā€¦new ā€¦unicycleā€¦mustā€¦resistā€¦

I CAN live without the new KH29

in addiction terms, this is called ā€œenablingā€

No crapā€¦I just spend $600 on bike parts to build up an urban assualt/dirt jump bike and now Kris throws out pics of the new KHā€™sā€¦

Nevermind that I already own a KH-24 that there is absolutly nothing wrong with

Ouch!

Iā€™m happy with the KH20 I got a couple months ago, but seeing this is torture.

Makes me feel like I should have waited a few monthsā€¦ nah!

They look really nice. :slight_smile:

when are the 2005s coming out

Tuesday gone. :smiley: