Old gallery

Hi everyone, I used to be quite active on these forums back in 2002. Everything looks very different now. My username was ivan.

I was wondering, is there any way to access the old gallery? I had some photos there that I would love to see again.

Also, if anybody is around who remembers me: hello! Especially anyone from Most Replys :smiley: Also, to anyone who doesn’t remember me: hello as well!

6 Likes

Hi Ivan,

You could probably MP @Canapin if you’ve lost access to your original account.

I feel like the original gallery has been gone since early 2010s?

Do you still have your Triton?
Edit: Saw you sold it to Jakob! I’ve seen it in person and rode along that frame many times! I also have a Triton Sponge #7, which was polished at the factory.

2 Likes

Hi Emile! Yes, sold my Triton to Jakob, I’ve actually been in contact with him recently. It was a great uni. I don’t really ride anymore, I fly palagliders now and did a lot of rock climbing before that.

I’ll try writing to Canapin, thank you.

Hello ivan! I do remember you!

I am not often on this forum anymore. I started out in 2000 on the (Usenet) newsgroup rec.sport.unicycling. When the forum was set up by Gilby, it mirrored the newsgroup and vice-versa. I eventually quit the newsgroup and went exclusively to the forum. I was quite a prolific poster at the time. After many happy years the forum started to have issues. It was eventually migrated to another server, managed by someone else. In the process, I think the gallery got lost, as did access to the “@unicyclist.com” mail addresses.

These days, I mainly hang out on facebook for unicycling content and contacts, although not nearly as much as 20 years ago.

I just got back into unicycling and rediscovered this site a couple months ago after a decade away from the sport. It’s definitely less active than it was in the 00’s, but I think that’s just online forums in general. I checked out the subreddit, but it seems to be mostly new riders asking for advice. Not a bad thing, but not the same vibe I remember having here.

This site was/is so important because of how spread out our community is. I would take long road trips or flights just to get a chance to ride with other unicyclists at muni weekends and whatnot. It was nice to get there and already know everyone. I’m glad to see it’s still used to organize these events. Being a unicyclist can get lonely sometimes.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, here’s the number of posts/month from 2000 to 2024:

And from 2020 to 2024 (the spike was after the forum software change):

3 Likes

You meant from 2000 to 2024 right ?

Yes, fixed the typo :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Similar statistics but pertaining to 2001 to 2005 only, are here:
https://klaasbil.home.xs4all.nl/uni_statistics.htm

2 Likes