Nimbus??

Iv heard good things about the nimbus2, is it really that good ?My unicycle is from a brand called “Torker”.Is that a good Brand?
I’m still a newbie.

Re: Nimbus??

Torker is a good brand in that the frame is almost identical to the popular semxl frame for freestyle. it also is a good deal for learning on. The Nimbus2 is more of an all aroudn frame. the design makes it acceptible for trials, freestyle, Muni, or commuting.

I think I will stick to the Torker,but I might get a nimbus later.Um,If I don’t kill myself on a giraffe first!

Nimbus: I have one of each. Nimbus I is a fair quality uni with a basic design of frame. Nimbus II has a prettier and more versatile frame, and a slightly better wheel. I don’t do trials, but I’ve done plenty of MUni and road riding and can’t fault either of 'em.

Currently I have a 20-inch Torker. It was great for learning on, ie. it worked and didn’t break. Now I’m looking for a 24-inch for longer rides. On a previous thread I was told that the Nimbus would be a good choice, but that was all the information I received about it. I was just wondering about the specifics especially the price and where to get one.

One last note on my Torker now has a slightly bent wheel and a bit of rust. I live in Hawaii close to the ocean, where the salt air will make anything rust. Any idea how well the Nimbus will hold up under these conditions?

I have a SH MUni which has an aluminum frame, seatpost, cranks and wheel, and stainless steel hub, axle, spokes, and hardware. I have ridden it through 6 inch deep tidal waters in Puget Sound. The only rust on it is a fine patina on the bearing race surfaces.

I’ve got a Nimbus II frame on both my unis… I like it; it looks a lot better than a rounded frame, IMHO. It looks more rugged and less like a bit of a plaything, which can only be a good thing if it makes people take it a bit more seriously instead of saying “clown!”…

Phil, just me

Re: Nimbus??

heidi <heidi.csyom@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

> Iv heard good things about the nimbus2, is it really that good ?My
> unicycle is from a brand called “Torker”.Is that a good Brand?
> I’m still a newbie.

The Nimbus 2 looks great doesn’t it.I have a N2 28inch frame which I ride
every day and like a lot. On the flip side I played uni hockey last night
on a N2 20inch ( borrowed) and hated it. The crown rubbed agaist my calf
on both sides and left me with bruises and hurt too. So I guess the N2 is
good for me for distance riding , but not for me playing hockey.

If you get the opotunity to try any brands out, take that chance.

Sarah

2nd Darmstadt International Unicycle Hockey Tournament
Nov 30th - Dec. 1st 2002
http://www.dieschaubs.de/einrad/ieht/english/Da2002.htm