Nimbus Oregon or another one?

I really like the Nimbus Oregon but am curious about the fat tire. I already have a Nimbus 36" and am looking for some to go off road. Any comments from any owners here? Just trying to figure if it is worth purchasing? Also what is it like riding in the street?

Thanks,

Have you seen this recent Oregon thread? Lots of relevant feedback there.

If the Oregon is your only muni then the Large Marge / Larry combo will be excessive for a lot of situations but if you don’t mind pushing the extra weight than I’d say go for it.

I don’t have an Oregon but I have a Conundrum with the same rim and tire combination and 160mm cranks. I ride it around the neighborhood because it’s a good speed match for my son on his 16" bike (bursts of speed up to ~11mph). I noticed that for $13 you can upgrade the Oregon’s 165mm cranks to 165/137mm dual holes. If you want to use the Oregon as a cushy street cruiser, the 137mm position would be great.

Have you seen this recent Oregon thread? Lots of relevant feedback there.

If the Oregon is your only muni then the Large Marge / Larry combo will be excessive for a lot of situations but if you don’t mind pushing the extra weight than I’d say go for it.

I don’t have an Oregon but I have a Conundrum with the same rim and tire combination and 160mm cranks. I sometimes ride it around the neighborhood because it’s a good speed match for my son on his 16" bike (bursts of speed up to ~11mph). The Larry tire does fine on pavement. I noticed that for $13 you can upgrade the Oregon’s 165mm cranks to 165/137mm dual holes. If you want to use the Oregon as a cushy street cruiser, the 137mm position would be great.

You might also want to consider waiting a bit for the 26" Oracle.

Here’s a link to a thread with comments from Oregon owners:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91700

I think the general consensus is that the extra fat tire is more for special trail conditions like ice/mud than for ‘everyday’ use.

Not a good first muni, get a 29 or a 26 muni. The Oregon is a good third muni.