Nimbus Nightfox - The Unboxing

For the taller or longer legged riders we can always add some spacers under the saddle to get a proper ride height. Building new lower legs wouldn’t be terribly hard either, as the tubes used are simple strait and round.

That being said I can’t imagine why a taller rider would choose a Nightfox over a conventional 36er unless they were the crafty type with some sort of project in mind, whether it be a crafty through the frame storage option or a bigger wheel etc.

It would love to see someone modify a penny farthing wheel for this frame. It wouldn’t be any harder “shrinking” a Penny hub than it was for people to widen unicycle hubs in the early days of 36ers.

Personally I think I am going to try to build a 48" wheel for now, and if it is good I might go the whole nine yards and do the modifications necessary to make a 54" wheel work. Wish me luck!

To add height you could just add a piece of hollow tube on each side, the same diameter as the lower tube, and connect them with “couplers”.

Its clearly looking for some bits from a hacked up humi rex to turn it into a demi-penguin. put equal sized sprockets on and go for a 70" wheelset…

What’s the length and diameter of the “legs”? I wonder if a multi-wheel extension piece would fit if you cut off the bearing caps on one side. That would also give you a completely steel frame.

I am heading back north at the end of the week. I have already measured max and min extension but left the numbers up there. I recall rough numbers to be max 52" wheel min ‘less than 36" wheel’.

Interestingly at it’s lowest setting (with a smaller wheel) you reach the elliptical part of the leg before you bottom out in the frame. The lower legs could have been about 1" longer without changing the minimum height. It was probably done that way to prevent jamming.

I will check out the diameter of the tubes when I get back up there and report back with what info I have.