Nimbus 36" Nightfox Unicycle

So, last night I introduced my 10 year old son to the Nightfox. He’s been riding smaller wheels for about two years. He’s a level 2 rider, who also does pretty well on our local single track dirt trails on a 24" muni. He’s tried to get on my KH36, but has no hope of reaching the pedals. He can’t even fit on my Sun 28" uni with the seat jammed as low as it will go.
His initial reaction to the Nightfox was pure giddiness. I gave him a hand up, and he had a false start. On his second assisted mount, he got about 15 feet and dumped off the front. By then he was far enough away from me that he didn’t want to walk “all the way” back, so he did a rolling free mount, and never looked back. He did a few easy laps of the giant parking lot. He loves the speed, and wants to go on a long ride as soon as his busy schedule will allow.
I put 125mm cranks on it, and no touring handle yet. So far, TOTALLY AWESOME. I think I could even raise the seat some. I’ll put his 9 year old brother on it tonight. I’m pretty sure he’ll fit. Thanks Roger (and all others responsible for bringing this beast to life)!

All I can say as a little guy is that the Nightfox is probably the only 36" I’ll ever be able to ride, and I am so glad to have retired my bicycle forever. So I’ll double that thank-you to UDC.

I’ll quote myself because I need the attention. My 9 year old son can ride the Nightfox, and even my 7 year old daughter was able to ride it around the gym with one hand assist. She just learned to ride an 18" wheel this summer. The 2015 model frame looks like it will go a little lower, so I bet a lanky 6 year old could ride it, with a little encouragement. I’ve run out of kids, so someone else will have to test that theory.