Night Sess '06 Video

i rely dont know why people are complaining about seeing the same tricks

i mean in a trials video, people are jumping around, you dont get tierd off seeing SIF hops.

well thats what i think, c ya later

shauns the man

In trials videos though, people like Ryan Atkins are taking their skills and putting them through even greater challenges, different places with a greater level of risk.

To compare some street videos where all you see is flips done the same way, would be to watch a trials video where someone approached an obstacle (let’s say a picnic table) and then hopped on and off the table repeatedly.

:astonished:

How did he talk after he already left?!?

HE’S MAGIC

that was pretty cool. liked the gradma haha. and the bench to bench slide

hmmm flips done the same way. There are two ways to flip them. Forwards and Backwards. Also, then I use unispins and twists, sometimes both with both forwards and backwards flips. To me that’s not the same way. Or the same thing, plus the environment is different (well the night vid isn’t since that place is amazing). Once you get into flips you’ll appreciate the tricks more.

-Shaun Johanneson

You lose.

Stop posting meaningless things. Stay on topic.

Shaun, I have a question for you…when you say we’ll appreciate flip tricks “when we get into them”, are you implying that it’s pretty much a must to learn a crankflip and it’s variations to be a good unicyclist?

That was way cool.

I can do some flip tricks and I appreciate each variation since they are completely different and just get way harder. I don’t like watching that many though on flat, it does get boring. This vid was good though, it wasn’t all flips and the ones that were in there were into things or mixed in with a street line already.

It was dark but I lightened up my monitor and I could see it fine.

What is up with Shaun and the “HA!”?

yeah. I’ll work on that

To everyone complaining about the abundance of flip tricks. Yes, they are all over the place. Don’t watch if you don’t like it. At the very least, appreciate that they’re hard. I don’t like to watch videos full of flip tricks, but I can see that they’re hard. Stop complaining, and don’t watch 'em.

Who can Honestly say that if they were as flowy and skilled as Shaun, the pioneer of spins and flips, that they woulnd load flips and spins into theyre vids…Thats Shauns claim to fame…You wouldnt tell Ryan Atkins to “Switch it up” or “Do something else”. Good riders are good for a reason…They practice like mad and they get good at what they love. So dont bash on em just cause they wont cater to your every whim.

I guess you’re right. I apologize for secretly being annoyed by your riding style, Shaun…you really are the God of flip tricks, I’m just an atheist in that regard.

Hey, I’m sorry I get mad sometimes. I can do more than flips but it is my claim to fame and they only thing I can bust that someone else just can’t go out and do. I would grind more ledges tech style but i don’t have to pedals for it. As for the large part of street, I hate getting hurt. haha.

No i didn’t mean you have to learn flips to be a good unicyclist, I just mean if you got into flips you would like my vids more. I watch alot of skate vids and there are basically the same tricks in it, over and over. But it never gets annoying (well to me) so yeah. I try to do that stuff at best.

-Shaun Johanneson

shauns the man

What up waurdy. Hey man sick watching this video. Glad to say I filmed a bit of it. Sucks I dident go with you when you clearned the yellow rail downtown. Its to bad nobody gets to see your eat shit rail in Ft. Wayne where you actually bounch of the pavement when your tire got caught on the way up to clear it. Anyways once again an awsome video man!

much love!

-Isaac LeMasters

What the heck is with people saying they don’t like Shauns video’s… he’s an awsome rider and if you don’t like his style, shut up about it.

Smilie. :slight_smile:

I love watching your riding. I would love to be able to ride like that

Shaun, in almost all your threads, it turn into a “I like your vids and riding, but I dont like watching flips” Must be a curse. =p

Anyways, I love watching flip tricks, I cant do them, but I understand them greatly, I know that just adding a little variation into a flip makes it soo much more difficult, and sometimes its hard to see what trick is beeing done because the cranks and uni have to spin so quickly, but slowmotion solves that.

Great video man, one request though. In one video I was watching, it was a pretty high definition, but they had some flip tricks in there, where they would zoom into the wheel and slow down as he did the flip, and it just looked really cool and smooth to see the wheel and uni spinning, almost like watching the cool gyros. Perhaps doing that technique in your next vid will show people more clearly how much really does go into flip tricks.

Anyone saying they dont like watching flip videos, dont watch it? Wheres your video at of you doing all your tricks? Stop complaining until you get a vid out that fits your needs.

Great riding Shaun, loved the right to left grind, now lets throw a 360 unipsin or crankflip between that. =p

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

HAHAHAH i love it man!!! man i miss you! hahaha sorry if that sounds gay…

Seinfeld: “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.” :smiley:

Ah, you beat me to it.

Hah that was sweet. It was probably my favourite vid of yours, I liked the atmosphere of it alot more than some of the others, plus the grinds you did gave me some great ideas. I was also glad to hear some more blue scholars those guys are sweet.