Nice comments

Hey.

When ever i hear anybody talk about comments they have recived, they all seem to be negitive. I want to try and brighten up this forum. Make everyone feel happy - SHARE YOUR GOOD COMMENTS!

I was out this morrning, riding down some steps, and this old woman was watching me. When i got to the bottom, she said, ‘I bet you cant get up them’, so i hopped up all of the stairs (about 20 or so) on my MUni. I came flying back down them, narrowly avoiding the old woman, and she said, ‘Why. I wouldnt have believed if i hadnt of seen it.’ She was really amazed :smiley:

I usually get loads of good comments, especialy when i like ride along high walls, or do tricks on the sea front were i live. I am hoping to do some ‘unicycle busking’ in the summer! :smiley:

I was just wondering what type of GOOD comments you guys got.

Cheers,

Joe

On my ride this morning someone said “wow, look at that!” as I pedalgrabbed up the wall. Feeling inspired and confident by this remark, I proceeded to fall off. Bah!

Positive comments happen frequently, it’s just that negative ones are the ones that stick in the mind, and can be very deflating if you’re having a good ride.

Phil

Ok this isnt mean, buts its weird.

I was riding my onza at night outside my church(we were there for a function) Well, it was really cold outside, and I was wearing shorts. A guy passed my while i was merrily riding along and he says, " Wow shorts?, your crazy!" and i knew he saw my unicycle, but didnt say anything about it.

I just got back from riding about 15 minutes ago at a nearby church parking lot, and some lady passed and just said, “wow, that looks like fun.”

So far, I’ve gotten only one negative response from someone, and it was just some dirtbag kid leaning on his car horn as he drove by.

Most people just stop for a second or say something like, “that’s pretty impressive.” I’ve gotten a few giggles from kids too.

by the way…
I landed some really clean hops up curbs and things for the first time a few minutes ago, and I rode the length of 2.5 NYC blocks without any dismounts. It was a pretty hilly ride, and I had to idle for a second to let a car pass, too. GO ME!
:smiley:

Re: Nice comments

Always positive. I would have to think hard if i ever got a negative
comment. Lots of “you’ve lost a wheel” but I’m sure that is a feeble
attempt at humour rather than having negative intent - so I like that
comment too.

This morning the park was riddled with MTB’ers and I got quite a few
good comments, such as “Hey you’re getting pretty good uh?” or an
admiring “tssss” from a whole bunch of guys when I cleared a
particularly steep downslope.

Maybe I was mean myself this morning when an MTB’er could hardly get
up a muddy slope because his wheel slipped too much. I said “Better
have all-wheel drive”. (I was on a crossing trail.)

Klaas Bil

As long as the forum<->newsgroup link is only 50% reliable
I may post on both platforms. Sorry for any inconvenience.
No corrections planned for a future stats page.

Re: Re: Nice comments

On a muni ride in the summer I passed someone walking a dog; the dog of course came over, as dogs seem to do*. I joked about it being difficult enough without having to cope with dogs, but was kicking myself the rest of the ride due to it sounding like a quite blatant complaint rather than a joke.

Whoever you are, Mr Hiker Man, I didn’t mean it…

Phil

I think the most negative comment I have gotten was after hopping up to and riding along a rock wall, a parent told her kid not to do that… ever. I kinda liked that comment for some reason. Other then that, they have all been either positive or a nonverbal reaction of surprise.

Daniel

Let me know how you go with that. I’m planning on doing some busking too although I’ll never do it on my own.

As for the comments, since May of 2002 when I started unicycling, I’ve never recieved a negative comment. I’ve only gotten either good comments or comments shouted from cars that I’m assuming are good because of the tone of their voices (I couldn’t understand what they were saying). I love the fact that unicycling will always be a unique sport no matter how many people do it. I’m encouraging my friends to try it and I’ve almost convinced three of them to take it up.

Actually, since I saw New World Disorder and started unicycling (I’m sure that’s how a lot of us got into it), the number of unicyclists in The Gap (my suburb) has increased from none to at least 11! I find that amazing.

I love unicycling! (if you hadn’t already guessed)
Andrew

Joe,

Yesterday while snow-Muni-ing with my 6 year old in the woods, he got a
comment from a man he was riding past on the trail. The man (who was
walking) looked over at my son, lifted up his sungalsses and said, “Wow!
You’ve got it go’n on my man!”

Cheers,

Jason

joe wrote:
> Hey.
>
> When ever i hear anybody talk about comments they have recived, they all
> seem to be negitive. I want to try and brighten up this forum. Make
> everyone feel happy - SHARE YOUR GOOD COMMENTS!
>
> I was out this morrning, riding down some steps, and this old woman was
> watching me. When i got to the bottom, she said, ‘I bet you cant get up
> them’, so i hopped up all of the stairs (about 20 or so) on my MUni. I
> came flying back down them, narrowly avoiding the old woman, and she
> said, ‘Why. I wouldnt have believed if i hadnt of seen it.’ She was
> really amazed :smiley:
>
> I usually get loads of good comments, especialy when i like ride along
> high walls, or do tricks on the sea front were i live. I am hoping to do
> some ‘unicycle busking’ in the summer! :smiley:
>
> I was just wondering what type of GOOD comments you guys got.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joe
>
>
> –
> joe - Real men only need one wheel!
>
> :sunglasses: www.cool.unicyclist.com :sunglasses:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> joe’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/23061
>

BEST COMMENT YET!

I started this thread of quite a while ago, but i have something to add…

I have just got back from getting my photo taken for a local newspaper, as me and my dad are going to do a sponcered uni ride. I took along my Muni, Trials, and giraffe. My dad took his Muni too. The guy that was organising it was the local vicar, and he was amazed when I free mounted my 6footer!

So, there I was, doing some tricks on my trials (gliding, hopping, easy stuff really) and I went over to where him and my dad were chatting, and he said ‘Thats cool. You make Michael Jackson look like a pedestrian!’

I think thats the best comment I have got to date! :slight_smile:

Joe,

My favorit comment

It annoyed me at the time, and I suppose it wasn’t intended to be positive.

I was practicing on my ultimate wheel and was able to go about 1 meter. A guy who came out of a bar around next to the basketball court i was riding to tell me:
“I don’t want to spoil your fun, but that is physicly impossible to do. I don’t have time to explain the details now, but I’ve seen those things, and you need a saddle to keep it stable”

If he thought it was impossible, it must be amazing when it works :slight_smile:

Morten

My heart melted when a ~5 year old girl asked me about my lollipop bike last week

X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Complaints-To: abuse@supernews.com
Lines: 12
Xref: sn-us rec.sport.unicycling:71416

asqlerth wrote:
> My heart melted when a ~5 year old girl asked me about my lollipop
> bike last week.

Aw…

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others.
–Socrates

I haven’t been riding long enough to get to many comments yet. But yesterday I freemounted in my driveway road about 120 feet to the end, made a left into the street and road another 250 feet into the cul de sac. I then made a fairly rough turn around and headed back up the hill to my driveway, made a right and hopped off at the garage. As I dismounted I heard 2 of my neighbors who had been talking to each other across the street start to cheer for me. That was pretty cool.:smiley:

I went out today and a guy driving by in a car honked his horn and yelled at me “That’s F***in’ awsome!” as he was driving by.

It made me laugh even though i couldn’t tell if he was being sarcastic or not. I like to think he wasn’t.