New Video: "POV" vidcam test

I was about to say something similar.

how about view from the front? or possibly setting it up so it can shoot your facial expressions lol.

:smiley:

I think you will find you will get even less shaking and bouncing if that camera is rigidly mounted to the frame, not with flexable pvc. Possible try metal pipe, and a secure mount to the neck of your frame.

2 thoughts, that is awesome and you have too much time on your hands!! When I first saw the thread, I thought what maestro88 said, a helmet cam would be lighter and more durable. But heck you have two cameras, if you kill one you are still in business. Is stair stepper next with it?
BTW if it’s not raining, riding in Ojai on Sat.

That was actually my first thought, but metal pipe would add too weight. I have reduced the sway and bounce by re-securing everything so it should yield a better result. I could also shorten the “boob” a bit, which would give it less flex. I like the idea of being able to “swing” the arm in different directions for effect, even when riding!

Ooh.
That gave me motion sickness.

Me? haha, you’re the one riding all over the place almost every day! :DDon’t you work??:wink:

Traffic still sucks on saturday, and that’s like a 200 mile round trip for me, so I’ll pass on that. I’d go Sunday when traffic is a non-issue, but I’m doing another fun ride at Dana Point with Adam’s entire club! I want to get a lot more footage of riding on those volcanic off-shore mini-mountains!

Maybe we can do 5 oaks/stair stepper/lynx the following sunday?

Hrmmm… I’ve watched both videos… and I find my eyes stuck on the wheel, not the terrain…

Any chance you could offset the camera a bit or something? Zoom out more? Maybe its just something wierd with me… /shrug

(Lowered POV was better… but not a lot for me)

Still a way cool idea tho… Good Job!

Kelly

That footage was shot with a wide-angle lens, and zoomed all the way out. And the boom arm is already 3 feet back, so there’s not much else I can do to get the vantage point any further back. I wanted the wheel to be in the shot because without it, it might as well be a bike or a hiker taking footage-know what i mean? POV is just something I’m experimenting with, and I would only use a little here and there in an actual video so as not to overdo it. When you say “offset”, yes, I can swing the boom out to either side which should emphasize the trail a bit more. Thanks for the suggestion!:slight_smile:

Sounds good, Too bad i cant ride. You riding pratt?

Why can’t you ride? Pratt would be good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ax2zocTtf1g

The foam padding seems to be sufficient without adding any real weight.:smiley: