new unicycle shirt

hey guys I just wanted to show everyone the shirt design I have made and I was wondering if any of you guys have made shirts and how did you do it?

front of shirt: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/MEMBERS-AND-GROUP-SHOTS/FRONT.jpg

back of shirt: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/MEMBERS-AND-GROUP-SHOTS/Untitled_1.sized.jpg

Nice shirt.

My avatar is based on the shirt pattern I used on white T’s sorta like a superman emblem. I ordered the shirts custom printed over the web. Unfortunately the printing process deteriorates after a few washings. So I seldom wear the T-shirt. Silk-screening would be so much better.

I put my pattern together with Adobe Photoshop Elements. The unicycle art is Gilby’s artwork, slightly modified.

ill buy a shirt

justin

Two words, SPRAY - PAINT!

For simple designs you can make stencils out of cardboard and use spray paint, just make sure that you spray heavily. I have a shirt that says CHICKS DIG JUGGLERS on the back it’s holding up pretty well. Use high quality paint and it can outlast the shirt.

I have to point out that while the Iron Cross does have a history that pre and post-dates the WWII era, as an image it has some rather nasty associations.

I for one would not wear one.

Sorry.

Re: new unicycle shirt

In article <arcane.1vfmgq@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com>,
“arcane” <arcane@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

> Two words, SPRAY - PAINT!
>
> For simple designs you can make stencils out of cardboard and use spray
> paint, just make sure that you spray -heavily-. I have a shirt that says
> CHICKS DIG JUGGLERS on the back it’s holding up pretty well. Use high
> quality paint and it can outlast the shirt.

I saw a t-shirt concept i liked while at a Target recently; it’s a
stick figure, kind of like you’d see on a handicap parking sign,
falling forward through the air and is captioned something like “I do my
own stunts”.

Great concept, but the execution of the shirt left a little to be
desired. The graphic and text were both too small to easily/quickly read
from more than 20 or so feet away, the specific phrase seemed too
“wordy”.

Great concept though. I’m sure someone could refine it to make it
actually work.

…max

actually its the maltese cross. And its not suppost to signify any kind of bad things , Its more of a knock off / parody of west coast choppers.

Actually the West Coast Choppers’ logo famously features the iron cross as opposed to the Maltese cross. This was the cause of a ban on West Coast Choppers’ clothing in southern Californian schools.

Although often confused with the iron cross, the Maltese cross is characterised by not having straight horizontal or vertical edges, if that makes any sense.

Re: Re: new unicycle shirt

Shaun Johanneson has that shirt.

I know several people who have the ‘stunts’ shirt. Its all over.

That doesnt mean anything, the stupid ass Californian school system will ban anything they feel like. Wich is against the law, I might add. (or at least should be.)

Don’t be silly, of course it means something - it means that the cross in the West Coast Choppers’ logo is the iron cross. That’s a fact, and that’s what I brought to this discussion. What have you brought to this thread apart from facile comments such as, “Wich is against the law, I might add. (or at least should be.)” and the question of whether or not the “stupid ass Californian school system” was right to ban it for the reason, which is irrelevant?

By the way, I think it’s a nice, striking design.

The stuff above was just for information, that’s all.

Hey brock, sign me up for one of the t shirts. i am currently in the process of making one (well actually justin is making the design). but what i did was take it around to the local place that makes custom t shirts, they can put almost anything on !

so what does your shirt design look like?