New trick/skill...

Why not combine unispins and wheel revolutions in the air so you jump, flick the wheel around one revolution and spin it to the side at the same time? I’m sure it’s really really really hard to do but someone could do it…and I’d like to see it. :slight_smile:

Andrew

During the NZUni weekend we watched quite a few Unicycling videos. Me, Tony, Ken and Joe went for a ride on the last day (Monday), Ben and Rudolf stayed back and watched a DVD which I didn’t know about. They showed us some of what they thought were the highlights when we arrived back at Ken’s. One of the things we saw was Dan Heaton attempting seat in front rolling hop Unispins. It might not be quite what you suggested Andrew, but it’s pretty close and it did look very impressive.

Re: New trick/skill…

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:49:08 -0600, andrew_carter
<andrew_carter.w2w93@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Why not combine unispins and wheel revolutions in the air

The precession effect would cause an interesting change to the
orientation of the frame. This is not an answer to “Why not” but it
would certainly add to the difficulty.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. - UniBrier

Hey All!
Great idea, but I believe it has already been done. I can’t remember who did it, but for sure will test it out at the next practice. Maybe you will see it at UNICON…

-Rayn Woessner :slight_smile:

Hey All!
Great idea, but I believe it has already been done. I can’t remember who did it, but for sure will test it out at the next practice. Maybe you will see it at UNICON…

-Ryan Woessner :slight_smile:

Hey Andrew,

Uni-spin crankflips have been done. When you do a rolling hop uni-spin, depending on how fast you are going it is a lot more difficult to try and stop the wheel from revolving than to freely let it spin. Eventually you can calculate how much force to give the pedal to get the 360 rotation on various drops and moves. I think this move will become essential to adding more flow into street riding. This allows you to hit uni-spins down sets of stairs and such.

As of now I only know of it being pulled down sets of 2-3 stairs.

Sorry if this is a little confusing, but I just wanted to say something about it.

-Dan

Wow, I’d love to see that being done! Dan, have you done one of these yourself? If so, what was it like?

Thanks,
Andrew