New Muni!

Hey everyone!
Yeah i built the wheel myself! Its a peice of piss, i dont know why everyone thinks its a black art really. It just takes time and a bit of care. I took it out for a ride and the 140s seem to be fine, i can get up to a good speed. I wanted it just for speeding around the woods really. I have already found one problem with it! There is not enough clearance on the frame and when i went through a sticky patch of mud the tyre got clogged. I dont know what im going to do about it, because i dont really want to change the tyre or the frame because i really like this setup. Im taking it down Mount snowdon in april, im going to get sum brakes before then! The frame is…pretty light!
Ride on!
Edd

yea i have 140 cranks & i love’m.

Hmm… your frame clearance might be an issue! If you have ever rode in snow (especially packy snow) then you know it gets caked onto your tire. You might need a smaller tire. If you do get a smaller tire get one of those Kenda Kinetics 2.6"ers

I’d be lucky! we only get a decent amount of snow about once every four years where i live!
Ride on!
Edd

Hey dudes!
Just bought a hs33 from ebay, and the brake clamps from unicycle.com. The brakes are red tho, so i will probably rub them down and spray them a different colour. Pics will be up as soon as possible.
Ride on!
Edd

I wouldn’t bother - it’ll all be brown after you’ve ridden it a couple of times anyway. A clean muni is an unused muni :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob

Yeah you’re going to have fun doing snowdon on 140s, with brakes the very steep hills will be manageble but hitting some of the techincal stuff will be very tricky. I’m a 4 time Snowdon veteran, 3 out of 4 on 170mm cranks and even then in some places it feels like you need more torque. Also depending on what route you take riding up will be tough aswell. See you there hopefully!

Ahh, But do you have a girlfriend who thinks everything has to “go” with everything else?
She was so appalled at the state of my muni when i bought it home from a ride on saturday that she made me wash it in the shower before she let me put it in the cuboard!
Ride on!
Edd

Well I’ll be using my 26" with 152s and no brake, so there will be two of us suffering :astonished:

Mine lives in the garage so it doesn’t matter if it’s filthy :slight_smile:
Don’t squirt the bearings too much if you wash it with a shower or hose - it’ll get past the seals and bugger the bearings up.

Rob

She even made me blow dry it so that it didnt drip in the hallway! So the bearings should have dryied off if they got wet!
Ride on!
Edd

P.s. We will suffer together!

Hey guys!
Time for another update! The brakes have arrived and i fitted them last night. Heres the pictures.

Im going to need to cable tie the hose somewhere under my seat i think.
Apart from that the muni is now finished. What do you guys think?

Ride on!
Edd

…beautiful…sniff…

Thats sweeet
now lets hold out for the weather.

Mike