New Magura HS33 brake sets in Kris Holm Blue. Four sets available, $90 per wheel!!!

$90 per wheel, plus shipping

I have four sets of Brand new NOS Magura HS33 hydraulic brakes in this great blue color that is a really close color match to modern Kris Holm blue. These have the old style (Pre-2005) lever. It’s getting hard to find forgotten stashes of these out there in new condition AND in Kris Holm Blue.

HS33’s are the gold-standard brake for Maggies on your unicycle. The red adjustment wheel on the lever lets you dial in the distance between the brake pads and the rim –on the fly, as you ride. They will fit on any KH unicycle: 20, 24, 29 and 36 or any unicycle or bike that has dedicated four bolt magura brake mounting lugs like this: http://www.inspiredbicycles.com/images/frame-brown-mounts.jpg and you’ll need to have a place to mount a lever under your saddle like this: http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=908

Comes with NOS Magura black or red brake pads. Your choice.

Included in this price is my cutting and installing any length of brake line you specify, from 16-23” long (18” is standard length) . And then I’ll fill it with Magura blue blood and bleed it for you before I pack and ship it. Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full power without having to bolt them up to a unicycle frame.

Comes with what you see in the pictures, so you will still need to get a set of Magura four bolt brake mounts like this : http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=907 or maybe you are wanting something more pimpin’ like these nicer mounts that come in blue http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/files/ecomproducts-image-1571.jpg to mount the brake on your unicycle.

$90 for a brake for one wheel, plus shipping from Portland, OR (usually $5-$8 for priority mail to most US addresses). I’m also OK shipping to Canada and have found the USPS first class international rate to be a good deal and they deliver in about 7-10 days or so.

Paypal works best for me.

Let me know if you have any questions and see my other postings if you want to save a couple of bucks and go with used Maggie brakes, I’ll have an assortment of both used HS22 and HS33’s up on here soon.

Brycer1968

Two left . . . .going fast.
B

Not too likely but I am hopping you have one left in about three weeks…

You don’t happen to have some slave cylinders without the lever do you?

On the slave cylinders, do you care about the color?? I have some black used ones with cross over, fittings and pads, but no lever.
B

Are the brake mounts unicycle specific or are they universal to bikes and unicycles? Would I be able to get the brake mounts through my LBS or do I need to get something specifically for a unicycle? Do you have any brakes left?

Yes, I have two sets of the blue brakes left with red brake pads and several good used sets of Hs22 and HS33 brakes in various colors (but not blue) that I’ll try to post up here in the next day.

Click onthe links in the first post in this thread to see pics of what your unicycle/bike has to look like to mount up these brakes and what hardware you will need to buy. If your uni is set up to accept these brakes (all Kris Holm unicycles are), than all you’d need is a $18 mounting kit from Unicycle.com. Bike stores won’t generally have these mounts for sale.
Brycer1968

Check PMs.

One left

Just one set of these left now.

Looking like I’ll have six sets of used HS22’s up next in red and black, some in mint condition and some with NOS wheel cylinders. I can put together custom length lines for these sets too. PM me if you are interested

Brycer1968

Check PMs again:)

still one set of blue HS33 brakes left.
B

Is the only difference between your blue HS33 maggies and the current ones the brake lever?

The differences:

1. The cool KH blue color that is hard to find.
  2. The lever is a NOS pre-2005 style that is beefier and I think better suited for unicycles.
  3. I’ll put it together with any length of brake line that you want, not just 18" or 30"
  4. Its bled twice and tested for leaks before I ship it out.

This is the last of the stash of new Blue HS33 stuff I bought - and I cleaned em out completely.

If you want to go used, I have some HS22s in another posting and I will have some used HS24’s up here soon
B

BTW: still one set of blue HS33 brakes for sale.

PMed

All done

All the blue HS33’s sold now.
I still have lightly used HS22’s, HS24’s adn HS33’s for sale. See my other posting in the trading post for pics and prices.