New Kris Holm Sym cranks and Clamps are up!

Hey,

Thanks for all the feedback- positive or otherwise it’s helpful =).

The main thing is this: these are not intended as the answer for all kinds of street riding. They are an experiment in a different style of street cranks. If your style works for them, then you should be able to pull off some new tricks that help progress the sport. Same thing goes for the doublecrown frame. Testing of both of these suggest that they might help some riders progress the sport in some ways we haven’t seen yet.

Our sport is changing a lot right now and I think it’s really important to keep an open mind in terms of new, different ideas, and the new tricks that may result from them.

Cheers,

Kris

I think the doublecrown is awsoome(Haven’t used it but it seems like a good idea) and I am not sure bout the syms yet seems like they might be good for grinding and other crank related tricks. It would be nice to have the Moments in 130mm. That is the size I wanted but couldn’t get,unless I payed 200 dollars.
Thank you Kris for bringing about inovation.

Why is the only difference from the 07 KH to the 08 KH the pedals? that you could have just got off danscomp? I really could not find a difference. (besides the pedals.

The new stuff and changes are on krisholm.com, here are the changes that apply to the normal kh20.

I really hope you aren’t 16… Learn how to spell for heaven’s sake, it’s embarrassing. A lot of the people on these forums that are from non-english speaking countries write better than you do.

Also, learn some respect. KH has made a lot of effort to promote the sport and help it advance through new innovations such as the sym cranks and double crown. I’m sure he’s put a lot of thought into making these. Sure they may seem bizarre now, but what will they be used for in the future? Don’t be so close minded. 36ers started off as a novelty item, but look at them now.

Do you even do flat? At a high enough level to judge these cranks? Do some research before you come bleating to others and loudly voicing your opinion.

Looks like they would be bothersome with crankrolls and such. On rolling wraps, you would have to place your other foot on the crank, as soon as you push the tire. That little knob will just knock your foot over. Good Idea though. I might try them out.

What about hopping with the roll? As you push the tire forward have the Uni stay on the ground while you do a lil (3 cm?) hop or hop ever much is needed to clear the nub?

I think the cranks would be great if they did not have the extention at the end. Kind of like the KH-onza cranks on the 2005 KH. I have the KH-onza cranks and they have a very great platform for doing crank tricks but they are not isis. I dont know if there are other tube style cranks in isis but i have not seen any.

K1 Street Cranks. They aren’t true ISIS though.

Any Recent Thoughts?

I found a great deal on an older KH20 longneck on Craigslist. I almost didn’t buy it because I thought the cranks were obsolete Onza spline, but it turns out they’re KH Sym cranks, which I hadn’t seen before. I thought about updating them to Moment cranks, but I’m not sure there’s any reason to do so (I’m not doing any sort of crank rolls). Is there anything else I should think about?

When it is time to remove the cranks, one reference said they used a self-extracting bolt, but the bolt looks just like the one on every other pair of cranks I have. Is it possible someone replaced the bolt with a non-self-extracting bolt?

Sorry if I confuse someone resurrecting a six-year old thread, but some people are REALLY serious about the search function…

Im afraid sym are before my time and well out my specialty.

Self extracting crank bolts look very similar to regular crank bolts, only when you remove one the crank comes with it. If you do come to replace the cranks, order some new bolts with them as it looks like you need tools to take them out the cranks properly.

The uni can take any isis crank design and if it is still a good deal with the cost of new cranks (should you come to not like the old ones) go for it.