New Fusion Zero ultra low curvature unicycle saddle

As far as I know, the 400 mm length cannot be correct unless Dartmoor is using a two-piece seatpost setup.

Only one manufacturer in the world currently makes 1-piece forged Pivotal seatposts - all the various higher-end brands (including KHU) are sourcing from them.
The longest length they make is 320 mm. Some brands quote this as 330 mm because it depends on the reference point for measure. I’ve contacted them and they would be willing to go as long as 350 mm (no longer), but I’d have to pay for entirely new tooling. I just can’t justify that right now, for 30mm, but will think about it.

I know that one brand is going to produce a 400+ mm length at some point in future, but it will be two-piece.

Kris

Note: the lower front nose makes the highest possible T-bar handle angle position relatively lower. No issue for riders in a low position, but some riders may find it too low. If that’s the case, you could replace the handle part with the curved Shadow handle.

Yes it fits the brake lever bracket.

Q:

1. Does the “relief channel” have the same width and depth as your previous models?

2. Is the cover stretched tightly across the top, or loosely?
    Thanks!

Thanks for info, I’m not sure if it is one-piece even if it looks like one on photos (http://dartmoor-bikes.com/hardware/seat-posts/fusion-l). I was just looking for anything longer than regular 200mm as I estimate my needs to around 260mm. So your 320mm seat post will fit me just fine, great :slight_smile:

The cutaway is somewhat shallower, wider towards the back, and a wider “U” shape compared to the Fusion Zero, Street, and Freeride saddles.

The cover is stretched tightly across the top.

Hey, thanks a lot!

The saddle looks great. I’ll be a buyer as soon as UDC offers it for sale.

What is the expected timeframe for this saddle to be available for purchase in the US?

I guess I should learn to read the entire post thoroughly before asking a stupid question.

Australia’s first 10 have landed!!!

Mine should arrive home later in the week,
Sooo excited can’t wait to get the feel for it.

I can compare it to a fully flat custom saddle base, ghetto kh heated flat saddle and both the street and slim foam types.
From the descriptions the Zero sounds almost perfect to what I like and prefer in a uni saddle for any distance riding. Muni & road primarily.

We need colours!!?!$£%!
We’re a bright bunch so I hope the colour options will become available eventually. I don’t recall any mention to possible colour versions on the cards?unless I missed that bit!?

That’s a good point. It sounds stupid, but until colors are available, I’ll likely keep flattening my own.

I love the pivotal seat post idea, but I don’t know if I could bring myself to put a blue saddle on a green unicycle. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, I’m that weird.

It’s the same with me … when I spend about 90€ for a Saddle/Seatpost combination (not that I’m not willing to spend it on this masterpiece) it should match my black and red colour scheme …

But Kris mentioned that he made a sample removable cover that coul’d maybe be produced in series. The other possibility is to buy so many of theese saddles, that it is woth being produced in a variety of colours … ;):smiley:

I hope he makes purple and pink options!!

Colour options are possible but not in the next few months and nothing in the pipeline at present. It’s tough with colours and stock requirements for dealers. Note that bike saddles - which are produced in the thousands - commonly come with only one colour option. Although if these were annnually sold in the thousands I would be happy to do so =)
Realistically I can see doing a glossy black accent as an option but I don’t see returning to the multitude of colour options of past models (once upon a time the other saddles were offered in up to 7 colours). It just gets crazy.
In the meantime there’s always felt marker…=)

Or coloured sun glasses lol!

Kris, if you don’t want to propose many colours, I can understand, so please propose only black but not blue. This is not a big issue for me as I intend to fit the zero saddle only on my raw KH36

That would actually be a viable option, if the accent strip were white. Most of the covering will always be black, and the colored areas are small enough that coloring them in would be easy.

This sounds very rational to me, as black is the most neutral colour, you can match it with everything …

I was already planning to put a black marker to the blue highlights, so no big deal. But I concur with others that–when only one color option will be produced–black is your best bet for widest appeal. I’m assuming there’s a concern an entire line-up of all-black saddles will look generic, so I get why KH goes with the blue accents on many products as a branding tactic.

Stoked to buy the saddle, thank’s again for making this happen, Kris.

Yes, but I need black and yellow scheme… So my seat will be all black as well :smiley: