New Coker has arrived

That warrants a “Happy New Year” :slight_smile:

Before today, the only time I have riden a Coker was about 3 months ago. I rode several miles and learned to freemount.

Today, after my new ride arrived, I put it together and spent about 90 minutes riding. I practiced a couple freemounts on the grass just to get the feel of the pedals then headed for the street. After a couple of false starts to get the seat post adjusted, I was off and riding. It was very windy today which made riding into the wind a real challenge.

My Coker arrived in a big box. The box is about 4 feet square.

coker-box.JPG

The unicycle would have been extremely well packaged had ALL the packing been there. Only the bottom of the foam packing was there so by the time it got to me, the only thing still in place was the seat. Everything else was loose and all over the place. Nothing was damaged. The only thing I have not found so far is one of the little plastic hub caps. I have extras so not a big deal.

coker-wheel.JPG

Don’t we get any pictures of the coker itself? :stuck_out_tongue:

My new Coker :slight_smile:

coker.JPG

Cutting the seat post was my biggest chore. I cut 4 inches then another inch then another inch then another inch. I removed about 8 inches of the post and thought I had it too short but with a bit of adjusting, it’s just right.

Everything is labled so you can tell it all came from the Coker company.

coker-frame.JPG

…made by Coker …

coker-crank.JPG

I wobble a bit when I ride but I think that is because of the wide hub.

coker-hub.JPG

simply beautiful, I will hopefully be getting one just like it before RAGBRAI.

Thanks for the pictures… You had me scared, when you only posted the box, thought you were messing with us.

The Coker really exist! I had thought is was an April fools joke, gone too far.

Congratulations, it is a beauty.

Now to get it dirty…

Incredibly well packaged. That thing looks pristine. Reminds me of the way Apple markets, ships, and brands their products. Extreme attention to detail but not so much that it’s tacky. What I am really wondering is how does the aluminum frame feel over bumps, up hills, slowing down, etc.

:astonished: Not mine!

I have not even dropped it in the street yet.

The rim is black??? That’s cool, cuz I thought the website it was just plain silver.

*Edit: That must be UDC’s latest “airfoil” that’s silver. This new coker ROCKS! I’m getting one!

The packaging was almost “incredible”. The photo shows the bottom half of the foam packing and I think there should have been a top half also but that was missing. As a result there was nothing to hold things in place and pieces were all over the place when I opened the box.

Compared to my 29er, this unicycle rides bumps very well. I find that instead of slowing down over the bumps (as on my 29er) the Coker works better to just keep the speed up and “plow” through. I have not riden any hills that I would consider steep but on small hills it feels very solid and easy to control. I am looking forward to getting out for more riding.

By the way, I found a noticeable improvement in the effect of road crown with the Coker tire as compared to the Big Apple tire on my 29er.

I thought the new frame used the “squid” design, but it doesn’t look that way from your pictures. Did they make a design change, or does it just not come across well in the pics?

There are two different new cokers. The new ‘‘Big One’’, and V2 . V2 Has that frame.

Yeah and I’m still waiting for someone to post a photo of it!

www.cokercycles.com

I think he meant a home grown picture