never ever do....

That’s more like it - pretty respectable 25 mile time though :slight_smile:

Rob

i know you’re talking about bikes, but when i read that i was thinking, “what? does he glides really well and hold onto cars on the highway?”

lmao that’d be suicide :smiley:

Hmmm, ok. Maybe my calculations are a bit off - I was working it out from a measured cadence (160rpm - don’t have any way of measuring road speed atm), and turns out my “cruising speed” should have been 9.5mph, rather than the 10.5 I thought, and that’s assuming my wheel diameter really is 20" (I’m riding a Primo Wall 20*2.1, fwiw). And that my wobble percentage is 0%, but I don’t think I lose much except at really extreme speeds or downhill…

So my road speed is probably rather less impressive; hence asking, how fast should I be able to go? :-).

The (sustained) 160rpm was with 102mm cranks, tho - thing is, I don’t find I can actually pedal that much faster with shorter ones, at least sustainably. Maybe it’ll come with practice - not had the shorter ones very long - but all I can say is: how on earth do you guys pedal so fast? (e.g. 163rpm on 125mm cranks?!)

Silly thing is that on a bike (i.e., 170mm cranks!), I have a well fast cadence (100-110 most of the time, up to 130 if trying to go fast…once peaked out at 165rpm) - this doesn’t seem to transfer to unicycling, tho…:frowning:

Re: never ever do…

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:54:13 -0500, zippy wrote:

>what was even sicker my bro could commute from manc down to where we
>lived which was like 40mile in jsut under a hour.

Was this on a streamlined recumbent bike or something? Or maybe by
car?

Because if your remark “was talking about normal bikes” applies to the
above, I simply don’t believe it.

Me and Pebbles went to Ae Forest in Dumfries last weekend.

We did the whole “Ae Line” which is around 16 miles I think. 22km anyway.

I was on my LM 24" Muni, he was on his 04 KH Trials - 20"

We did it on Saturday just past, and today I think my legs are just-about back to normal.

A mate from Dumfries came with us on his bike, he looked more knackered than us by the end of it!

So Pebbles did 16 miles XC up and down hill, over various terrain, on a 20" trials unicycle. It was hard enough for me on my muni!

T.