My saddle is torturing me.

You might want to review your, um, situation and see if you’ve got any bruising or saddle sore business going on down there. This doesn’t sound much like a saddle problem per se to me. It sounds like injury or irritation is making that spot really touchy. Hydrocortisone cream and antibiotic ointment (Neosporin or work-alike) can do wonders.

I could see a bad or incompatible seat hurting after riding a few miles, or after an hour or thereabouts of freestyle practice, but not as quickly as you describe. I’ve collected a pretty fair herd of saddles here already, some loved and some hated, some stock and some modified. The bad ones aren’t nearly that bad, and the good ones aren’t enough better to account for that. Good luck with it!

Catsmeat seems to have rather explicitly described pressure in a place most guys (with the possible exception of experienced unicyclists) would not appreciate it.

I think it may be easy to overlook how substantially perspective changes in the early weeks and months, for a whole host of reasons - technique, physical accommodation, mental adjustment. In just a few weeks of unicycling this summer, I’ve gone from being dead tired after 50 feet to routinely riding 12 miles, and in the process dealt with a long list of challenges that each felt for a time like the primary issue and as if they could present an existential threat to being able to continue at all.

Regarding the seat question, no sarcastically false advice was given. I said kh seats usually get the nod, which is true.

I’m well aware that the search function has been hit or miss, hence my lmgtfy link.

The Zero is too hard for some riders. I personally like my flattened Freerides. Yes, they are flatter than stock. (I also like my flattened QX Air.) I think flattening an existing saddle is a good option. Thank you.

Chill EoU, obviously a joke. Even a long cranker like myself thought it was quite a crack up…:smiley:

Seriously, I’d advise you not to go with the 195’s,
Just stick with the 190’s.