my report on greg harper

I assume you have included photos of the uni.5 and the inventor so good looking would be redundant.

Congratulations on a very nice report. I’m sure Mr. Humble is bursting with a little pride too.

You bet! Very proud of him…Ben that is.

Ben did include pictures and yes, good looking would have been very redundant. It was a very nice looking hub… :slight_smile:

Bruce

Ben sent me a copy of his report by e-mail sometime before he posted it. The e-mail was a pleasant surprise and the post was even more so. It was alot of fun to design, build, ride, and share the uni.5. Having a report written on it for a school assignment was an additional and totally unexpected treat. It’s one of those aftershocks that make you realize why you’re really doing some of the things that you do.

It was also a real joy to meet some of the riders at NAUCC and UNICON this year and the Edwards clan was among these. Ben and Brad and their folks and I shared a few root beers and stories of riding. Ben gave me a demo of his 5 foot giraffe jump mount after which I decided he needed to have an “accident” before he got any better. Brad’s and his recent Coker advances indicate that I’m already too late on that count.

But when I read the end of the report, that is the part that made my head swell as Phil predicted. To be considered a friend by a guy like Ben Edwards is really an honor. Those who have met him know what I’m talking about.

Sorry if i wasnt clear, I meant Ben and Bruce as a father son combo, i guess it was too vague. So Bruce, do you post for him?

I sort of look over his shoulder and make a comment or two on spelling or punctuation from time to time, but no, he does his own posts under his user name.

Posting is sometimes a difficult task for him though as, like so many others, Ben has to put up with a condition. He has form of dyslexia called dysgraphia. It affects his writing and spelling ability so I give him guidance at times. It just takes him a lot of extra effort but he gets it done.

Bruce

Re: my report on greg harper

yoopers wrote:

> It is a real joy for a father to share something so special with his
> sons, especially as the sons grow toward and into the teen years. We
> are still very close as a family and I credit unicycling with a big
> portion of that success. I wish the same for all families.

Bruce,

As a unicyclist and also a father of two unicycling children, I agree
completely!

Cheers,

Jason

Ben reports that he received 100% on his project and an extra 5 points for a well thought out and written report…

and, not to mention, the inclusion of such exquisite photos of the tall and handsome inventor.

Proud Dad

Was looking at old stuff when this came up. The Uni.5 seems like an ancient invention these days. Time for a repost for the new folks who haven’t seen the science report on Harper.

Bruce

I wonder where uni.5 is. I think Jack Halpern unloaded it. I rode BlueShift on Sunday. I have had it out on loan to the local Seattle riders for several months since the Schlumpf visit here. I just got it back a week ago.

Thanks again for the report, Ben. I have a text version of it stored in my unicycling area on my home computer. That was really thoughtful of you. It must run in the family.

The whole time I was reading this report, I kept wondering if Ben turned it in with a picture of Dr Harper in his wifes swimsuit posing with a uni.:smiley:

A very clearly written report. This is not a common ability. John Childs is very good at it too. Ben, you’re in good company.

Where can I find this photo?

Wow, cheers for reviving this thread, I’d have never seen that beautiful photo otherwise :slight_smile:

There are some people out there who have that image on a T-shirt…

They didn’t hold up to washing very well, so the only ones left are the ones that never got washed!

Nice shirt, Jacquie. The next batch you make will look better in navy blue, John. Please let me know when they’re ready. I’ll want a couple of XL.

I think a reprint may be in order?

Thanks for unearthing this 15 years old thread!
Where is Ben these days?

Sadly, mine did not survive an unfortunate vermin event several years ago.

I am proud to have worn it while shopping at Home Depot and to a church picnic. It was an ice breaker to be sure.

If there ever is a reissue, I’m in for sure.

Welcome!

PS: I had the awesome pleasure of joining Pierre and 8 other unicyclists for a 10K sunset ride around Paris. They ride every Tuesday evening!

I also had the pleasure of riding with Pierre for the much longer Annual (2016) ride from NYC City Hall, Manhattan, across the Brooklyn Bridge, through Brooklyn all the way to Coney Island! Hope we can do it together again this year!