My Quax Cranks Wobble (and i cant tighten em any more)

'Doh! It would’ve been a dead giveaway had I remembered that :).

thanks for reminding me about my cranks again. I just got done with geometry, and i was happy after listening to some green day, now i feel depressed again. I’m going to save my money til summer, (minus my money for gear i need), and buy a kh probably.

Did you contact UDC about trying to replace it?

not yet, i will now. I have a few minutes before bed. Thanks for the help though man. :slight_smile: , I actually think im gonna just buy a kh at the beginning of summer

edit: actually, i have to go to sleep now, i’ll do it first thing tomorrow after school, if i dont go work then. I had to go work from end of school til about 6 or 7, then i had to do homework, nwo tis rougly 10, and i need to sleep. Okay, thanks again for the help, ttyl!

Don’t give up on your Qu-ax just because you have the wrong cranks :D. KH’s are overrated. Haha, jp - but I love my Qu-ax.

IMHO, you should contact UDC and have them set things straight. It’s in THEIR best interest, as well as yours. They’ve already received some negative publicity due to this thread, and I’d imagine that if they want to run a good business among a relatively small market, they’d want as many of their customers to be as happy as possible. After all, it seems like it was THEIR mistake, not yours. Don’t just accept that. As a buyer, you are well within your bounds to demand that you get what you paid for. Like someone said before, it wasn’t your job to make sure UDC sent you the right cranks, the ball was in their court.

All that being said, I <3 UDC :smiley:

They’ve been nothing but nice to me, and resolved the minor issues I’ve had with orders promptly.

What if when he sent in for the shorter cranks, UDC thought by wrong cranks cranks, that he was implying he needed shorter ISIS cranks.

It could happen.

Oh well, Ive been waiting a while for you finally post about this so we could actually see what was going on, and now its a pretty simple solution. New cranks. New hub, new wheelset, or a new uni. Cranks as posted before are $100. UDC doesnt sell a Qu-Ax ISIS hub, which is what I would switch to, but maybe they can hook one up for you somehow. Wheelset or a new uni would be the extremes to fix this.

I would of stuck with the longer 145s though. I have a set of 150 profiles im on a bit, and Qu-Ax 145s and havent ahd problems with hitting the ground. Its something you get used to pretty quick.

:slight_smile:

Well, I’ll finally get around to contacting them, i just got home from work. It looks like ive just made $100 in the past 2 days of work (pretty nice, for only about 4 hours of work). That means i have… maybe $300? I like the quax ISIS cranks though, they seem stronger for some reason. I really wanna try and raise some money and buy a kh, instead of having the (seemlingly) weaker 10 spline. Just IMO, i like the idea of the ISIS better, they seem stronger. I’m gonna look at my amount of money, and see what i got to spend, if anything. I may spend the money on an x box though, which ive been looking at for a while, but preferably a kh to use.

They longer ones (Forget how long they were) were faaaaaar too long. Its not something you could get used to, at all. I would just turn, the slightest turn, and it would hit the ground, and throw me off. Thats why i switched. I really just wanna get somethign thats strong, and that will stand up. If i swtich, im gonna paint my rim and frame finally. If i have enough money, im gonna send the cranks back, and buy a new uni at the same time…

Graham

Well I just saw this thread.

Definitly contact UDC. I suggest calling them instead of emailing them, it will be easier for them to understan your situation and will get you results a lot quicker. Especially if you’ve already had a miscommunication problem before.

I’d be willing to bet they get it all sorted out and get you the right cranks. And for what it’s worth, the QU-AX 10 spline hub and cranks is arguably stronger then KH. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I’m astounded that you were able to fit ISIS cranks on the QU-AX 10 spline hub in the first place.
Surely you didn’t ride it like that?

I don’t even think the ISIS axle bolt will fit into the 10 spline axle…

The 10 spline isnt weaker.

If they were the stock Qu-Ax cranks, they should of been 145s, which you can easily get used to, as 145s and 150s have been used for years and years by many street and trials riders, and still a large % of riders have those cranks.

Qu-Ax, KH. 10splined, ISIS. Either way its going to be strong and hold up.

Just remember your rim is 48 holed, and lacing a 36 holed rim to a 48 holed rim is heck. Really not worth it at all.

Just saying that though cause depending what you end up doing, that can be a big factor in your decision.

Since im not too much of a ‘hey i’m gonna call you’ person, i think i’m going email them. A REALLY REALLY detailed email. Well, i gotta go to school now, bye