My KH26

I made a brake adapter for a friends hunter so it shouldn’t be a big deal, I am going brakeless for now however.

The KH Ti hub looks really nice, the weight difference is almost half a pound (I think). I was thinking about getting it for my KH 29 muni, but the price is over $450. That is more than 1/3 of a new schlumpf, and I guess I decided that I already spent way too much money on uni parts this year.

Nice set up, I haven’t really tried a 26" muni before, but that one looks styling.

Very Nice. From the picture it looks like you have very little clearance from tire to top of the fork. I would have expected more with a KH29 frame. Like at least 1.5".

yeah the clearance is perfect IMO because on my old LX and even on my bike I get the rock pings from rocks sticking in the tread and hitting the crown. The ti hub saves about 200g I am pretty sure which is 1/2 lb-ish.

Eric, Where did you get 160mm cranks?

I got the 160mm cranks from HBtrials when I got my rim. They were quite expensive but I was worried that 165mm Moments would feel to much like 170s and I knew that I didn’t like the feel of 150s on my old 26" wheel.

I was amazed how natural they felt compared to either 152mm or 170mm cranks. I really like them. They have about the same amount of offset as KH moments.

Sweet ride :sunglasses:

I have 170’s on my 24" DX and it’s hard to pedal smoothly, especially when trying to go fast. I feels kind of like pedaling a box.

I rode Tholub’s '05 KH 24 w/ 165’s and I was surprised that those 5mm made a significant difference. There was no difficulty in pedaling smoothly and a lot easier to pedal fast and maintain my momentum.

Everyone’s different though:o

Rides like a dream, little sketch on steeper lines but overall it rides great.