My Home made 4 stair

Got the whole thing put together today. Had a blast doing it, and riding it was extremely rewarding. Holds up really well. Let me know what you guys think.

Here’s a few pics in the process of making it. Here are the pics in order. The last few pics are the finished product.

You’ll see clips of it in my next vid :slight_smile:

Awesome! I feel honored to have seen these first during our earlier aim conversation. Great job! :smiley:

Truss…

I’d reinforce the legs with some crossbeams if I were you. Aside from that, looks awesome.

Yeah, that is looks really great. Good job.

NICE. :roll_eyes:

About a week before you posted this thread I was thinking of doing this too but it looks like you bet me, so I plan to build one soon so I do have a couple of questions…

1: Did you buy the wood brand new?
2: Is there any other materials you need besides nails, wood… and tools like a saw, hammer…?
3: Any other advice?

And a question to all street riders, is a 4-set the standard set of stairs that a street unicyclist would use?

I have a good number of 3-4 sets around where I ride, but there are more 6+. I don’t jump of the big sets, so I do use the 3-4 sets more than any other type.

very nice :):slight_smile:

How much did it cost in total? Material wise…

Looks good, I bet it’s fun.

-Isaac

Man, I want one!!!

Don’t know where I’d keep it though… I’d have to put a tarp over it or something, cause it rains so much here! I doubt my mom would let me keep it on the lawn…

Uh… No? What do you mean? Street riders just use whatever sets they feel like, there’s no standard set. I think I may be misunderstanding your question.

Cute dog!!

The stairs are sweet too. I bet it’s really rewarding to ride on something you built! :slight_smile:

Well, I had the majority of the wood, being that my neighbors were nice enough to give me their old deck for the top of the platforms, and I had the 2x4’s and 4x4’s laying around… If I didn’t have most of the wood, it probably would have been an expensive project (200 dollars, give or take). But I only had to spend about 25 bucks.

I thought it would be just nails and hammers, but a lot more went into it than just that. We used a nail gun, and a bunch of lag bolts, miter saw, sawzall, and thats basically it. Among other things, that’s all that comes to mind right now.

Other advice? I’d say make sure you know what you’re doing or you have someone with you who knows what they’re doing. A half assed project like a stairset could turn ugly (when riding it) if it’s not done correctly.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Wow! Amazing!!:smiley:

I want to coughcoughstealcough your design!!