My first Muni ride!

Lol. I often make it through a really tough section only to UPD on the easy stuff. I’m prob holding my breath a bit and relax my concentration too much after the tough section. Being aware of this seems to have no effect for me:(

I suck at uphills so I ride what I can, but usually hike. It’s kind of rare that I have a section that’s as smooth as those as in founwood’s vid. Side view of those switchbacks makes it easier to see the incline. I bet most of those are steeper than any Muni I can somewhat reliably climb.:o

Sounds like a partial rolling mount.

Man, you nailed it! :smiley: That might have to be in my sig line actually… :roll_eyes:

This is what Muni is about for me. Climbing still isn’t my favorite thing to do, but it’s become almost enjoyable. Once you’re at the top, you know you’ve got a wicked downhill coming your way and there’s nothing like it. :sunglasses:

My 36 has helped immensly with my Muni riding. Makes my Muni seems small. I cannot stress enough how much it’s helped.

Also, a just wanted to add my thought to the pot on rolling the uni forward to mount: I’ve been doing this a while, whether on an uphill or not. The slight momentum of the wheel moving forward, is enough to counteract the force of your foot pushing down on the pedal. This keeps the cranks stable and prevents the uni rolling back. Rather than trying to jump on without putting any weight on the back pedal, you can step on it with force; almost like a stair.